Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #145
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Heres my first run when I spun it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q5Mv...&feature=g-upl

Not much better.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #146
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post
SD has some great course designers, and some that should be beaten with a cone. You think that was a painful finish, check the last two turns on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYIqdMe_SOI
All I can say about that was how many people spun, and how many course workers lynched the designer?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #147
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
ok, looking at the other videos, the course didn't look as bad as the first time i saw the first video.

Jason, who was that and what car? Sounds pretty good!

Namer: not only did you spin, you took those cones good! knocked those suckers down.

Man, now i'm getting the itch again.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #148
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
Jason, who was that and what car? Sounds pretty good!
That was me in our old RX-8.

Another interesting SD course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpsxnBlE38
Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #149
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

As a whole the course wasn't bad, but it didn't flow very well and was very hard to read at speed and the beginning and ending were way to tight.
It didn't help that my tires were pretty cooked after 2 turns and the course wasn't cleaned very well.

Yeah I think that spin is what caused my strut to slipr, I have a pretty nasty impact mark on that tire.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #150
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
On a related note, I ran a road course autoX yesterday as STF (Grattan Speedway in Belding, MI) and got my ass handed to me by a Mazda 3. Not by a small margin, either. I'm sure there was a large amount of skill difference, but it just seems crazy that a 2.3 liter car (despite being 2900 lbs curb) is in the same class as our little egg.

On a lighter note, the wife came along to spectate and was really excited about it. So much so that she's willing to entertain ideas like performance mods as a worthwhile expenditure on a hobby. =)
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #151
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
On a related note, I ran a road course autoX yesterday as STF (Grattan Speedway in Belding, MI) and got my ass handed to me by a Mazda 3. Not by a small margin, either. I'm sure there was a large amount of skill difference, but it just seems crazy that a 2.3 liter car (despite being 2900 lbs curb) is in the same class as our little egg.

On a lighter note, the wife came along to spectate and was really excited about it. So much so that she's willing to entertain ideas like performance mods as a worthwhile expenditure on a hobby. =)
There is a tire limit so the theoretical grip limit is far less on the Mazda 3 than it is on the Yaris.
If both cars were properly setup a Yaris would be in the range of 2080~ and the 3 would be in the 2500~. I firmly believe the Yaris will stomp a 3 even though it hasn't worked out quite like that for me
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #152
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
agreed. I have yet to have a mazda3 beat me in my own class. but the mazdaspeed3 is a beast and I am floored on the handling they have if they run Rcomps
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #153
ilikerice

Ok, remember when I talked about my camera mount fail.. i finally got it off my phone and put it on youtube.. here you go, laughs are welcomed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UkZS...&feature=g-upl
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #154
b20vteg
no show, no go :(

Drives: 2012 yaris 3dr hb
Send a message via MSN to b20vteg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Ok, remember when I talked about my camera mount fail.. i finally got it off my phone and put it on youtube.. here you go, laughs are welcomed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UkZS...&feature=g-upl
bahahahahaa nice
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #155
ilikerice

Sorry, was unable to get any video today. Rubber Band trick with the phone just wasn't that good... wasn't able to get the phone positioned correctly to get any good video..

Some National Champs from SC showed up. Was another high horsepower/ RWD course today anyways.. thats, my excuse and im sticking to it.. I came in 4th out of 66 drivers in Pax. I feel I could have shaved another 1/2 second off though.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #156
ilikerice

Here is someone else's run though, just to give you guys a look at what kinda course it was. Good buddy Shane in someone else S2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAmG_...layer_embedded
Old 10-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #157
ilikerice

Ok, so check it.. Guy from our region in Jacksonville made T-shirts for our annual North vs. South Shootout we have every year with the region. Our Jacksonville guys vs the Georgia guys and at the end we see who keeps the trophy. He ended up using the Fit vs Yaris because its usually a battle between us for 1st anyways..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00144.JPG (52.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #158
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Keep us posted on who takes home the champ.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #159
ilikerice

lol, will do.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #160
NJ Drive

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Prepping my car for STF now. Can't resist not running 225s on 7.5" and saving 20lbs doing it. Hopefully the new Goodyear/Dunlop due next year come in a 225/45/15... really don't want to run Hankooks. BF Goodrich is also coming out with what could be an ST candidate as well.
NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #161
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Hope my talk at nationals pushed you to it JK

I was really happy with the R1R's but theres a new crop of tires coming out next year which might overtake the current king the Z2 Star Specs and Re-12's which but nothing is known until they get released but I didn't know about the goodyears finally they release a tire thats worth something.

If you feel like sharing :) how do you plan your setup?

My shocks are at Bilstein so there will be a baseline once they get completed, since even they didn't know how the HR's are valved. I'll post a dyno once I get them back so at least someone else can get some use out of them.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #162
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
i like that tee shirt ! !
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote