Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
attickt

Drives: 2009 toyota yaris S/JDM Vitz
help?

ok so i have been searching for a thread on oil and transmission fluid changes for like 2 hours now can some one help me out here

A).im running synthetic mobile one oil in my yaris and im wondering how often i should change the oil? when i ran standard motor oil i changed it every 3K miles.

B). how often if ever should i change the transmission fluid? at how many miles?

when i had my camry i was recommended not to change the trans fluid because my car had 220,000 miles on it.

( i did take the time to search if you know of a thread that could help send me the link or somthing)

yaris+induction= baby supra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
i can just hear the rednecks behind me grumbling "g-damn fag car" before they pass me.
attickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
41magmag41

Drives: Loaded 2007 mica silver sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by attickt View Post
ok so i have been searching for a thread on oil and transmission fluid changes for like 2 hours now can some one help me out here

A).im running synthetic mobile one oil in my yaris and im wondering how often i should change the oil? when i ran standard motor oil i changed it every 3K miles.

B). how often if ever should i change the transmission fluid? at how many miles?

when i had my camry i was recommended not to change the trans fluid because my car had 220,000 miles on it.

( i did take the time to search if you know of a thread that could help send me the link or somthing)

I think if you check your owners manual on the yaris there are no provisions to flush the transmission fluid. Supposedly it has a long life fliuid in it. Most others will say every 60000 on the flush of fluid in the transmission isnt a bad idea.

On the oil changes again the owners manual and the yaris are set up for 5000 mile changes on the oil and filter. Most would agree you can go up to 10000 miles between oil changes with the synthetic depending on your driving conditions.

As a rule of thumb your owners manual is your best source of information for maintinence on the yaris. You will find if you do the basic oil and filter changes the car will last well over 200000+ miles.
41magmag41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
bankrobber

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
I run Mobil1 and go 3,500 and change filter if using a cheap filter. Run the oil at least 7,500 highway miles. I recently switched to Wix oil filter that should last 7,500 miles. Mobil1 makes a extended life filter (m-103)

If you have a manual I change fluid every 30k miles or once a year. I use walmart synthetic blend.

I have 106,000 miles and no problems. I am going to switch to Amsoil and go 20,000 miles next oil change. Amsoil runs 9 bux a quart
bankrobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
attickt

Drives: 2009 toyota yaris S/JDM Vitz
well that helps a bit thanks guys, im racking up the majority of city miles im on the highway about 30 mins a day both ways, and in the city 30 mins both ways, but i do a lot of city driving, im racking up 250-330 miles a week

yaris+induction= baby supra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
i can just hear the rednecks behind me grumbling "g-damn fag car" before they pass me.
attickt is offline   Reply With Quote