Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Sal_JapMechanic

Drives: Toyota Yaris/Vitz 2005
Suggest some good headunit for yaris 2005

Hi.. i have 2005 yaris. Presently it has some chinese headunit with crappy sound and video quality rear cam quality is all blur. I have seen cool looking android headunits and some running winCE dunno much about it. Kindly suggest me something good with biggest touch screen possible, rear cam, dvd, vcd, mp3 and other options support. Slot for GPS map card, Bluetooth TV and all the necessary stuff. Really sharp video results and some good audio output to bang my door speaker i can change them later and if possible also all the trims that are needed with each and every grips. Whatever you can guide would be highly appreciated. I just want to throw away the current head unit i have.

Waiting for you replies.
Sal_JapMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
I just installed a parrot asteroid in my yaris. I love it, its a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. I have it hooked up to an alpine reverse camera and the video quality is outstanding. It comes with a gps card but if you want a more mainstream gps system like tomtom you can download it directly from the google play store on the headunit as this is a purpose built android unit. The only downside is it does not play cds. Only usb or bluetooth. Which for me is ok because i havent used a cd in 10 years.

Search on the forum for parrot asteroid, you should be able to find my review with pics.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Sal_JapMechanic

Thanks for your reply bro. I would love to get parrot asteroid but i do want a multi format cd playback as well.. Lets see what others suggest. You do have a decent looking ride back there... Thumbs up for ya..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
I just installed a parrot asteroid in my yaris. I love it, its a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. I have it hooked up to an alpine reverse camera and the video quality is outstanding. It comes with a gps card but if you want a more mainstream gps system like tomtom you can download it directly from the google play store on the headunit as this is a purpose built android unit. The only downside is it does not play cds. Only usb or bluetooth. Which for me is ok because i havent used a cd in 10 years.

Search on the forum for parrot asteroid, you should be able to find my review with pics.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
Sal_JapMechanic

bump!!! Anyone???
Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #5
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13667
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
I just purchased the KENWOOD HD262U headunit and I'm going to install it myself. If this goes well I might just buy new speakers as well but that is up in the air.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
Sal_JapMechanic

Thanks

Thanks for your comment. Is it a 2din head unit with all bell and whistles? Can you show any link or image of what ur referring to?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyT8 View Post
I just purchased the KENWOOD HD262U headunit and I'm going to install it myself. If this goes well I might just buy new speakers as well but that is up in the air.