Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-02-2009, 02:10 AM   #19
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
at kind of price might as well get a HD camcorder for $140-180, The kodak ones have 60fps on 720p. More resolution and frames for more clarity. Im planning to go this route and mount it between the headrests to get a shot of the speedo. It really is a good idea to have a cam for insurance claims but also for some fun driving.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #20
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
I think this is pretty cool... Always wanted something like this. I have a HD 1080 p cam but i can't mount it plus it doesn't rerecord over data once it runs out... had a guy try and literally try to crush me with his truck one time because I beeped at him for driving too slow. I think he was drunk and got mad and he wouldn't let me pass and he really tried to crush me with his ugly truck. Wish had a dash cam... just to have that shit on tape .. lol
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #21
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
It's a proven fact that women can't drive in miami.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #22
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
This sort of thing happens all the time and is nothing unusual.
A large part of driving consisits of looking out for other drivers and advoiding an accident.

It's call "defensive driving."
Sooner or later, someone will have to look out for every one of us as no one is perfect at all times.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #23
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
It's a proven fact that women can't drive in miami.
LOL
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:54 PM   #24
FSANE

Drives: 07 4d yaris and 02 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post
Hey, where's the audio??
There is an audio button, but I never got around to mess with it. Like I said. that was the first day I used the camera. I wanted to buy a better def camera, but this one in particular starts every time you start the car. Big Plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AND189 View Post
yeh mate it is not a big deal at all i was expecting something more you had lots of time and unless you are under 18 or you have smashed every car you have had insurance on your yaris is nothing + if the truck hits you from behind its his problem man its people like you who make a big deal about nothing yeh she was in the wrong but the fact you went and spent the time getting this vid and posting it on you tube .... frig you have never miss judged something i agree with the rest change the title don't be such a wank it is a yaris dont be a hater
That's why I said asking for an accident. "if the truck hits you from behind its his problem man" are you nuts? have you notice how small the yaris is to a semi-truck? That's the last thing i want to hit me. Think before you type again.

I posted the video because well, it was the FIRST TIME USING the camera and I wanted to see how the footage looks.

It took 5 minutes of my time to post that vid.

Best ET is 11.13 @ 120 MPH with 1.47 60FT

11.13 sec vid
BurnOut Vid
FSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #25
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
nyc is not bad.
it depends where you are from. I am used to Montreal traffic/driving hell.. so NYC is not so bad for me... except people in NYC are always in a hurry... takes less than 2 sec after the light has become green, and i already get honked at. lol.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #26
FSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
takes less than 2 sec after the light has become green, and i already get honked at. lol.

hahaha my biggest petpeevs. or godforbid my car rolls backwards just a hair because its manual, they start honking in horror

11.13 sec vid
BurnOut Vid
Old 09-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #27
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
So tell me: if there was a car on your right blocking your lane change, would the truck be less of a threat? I'm curious about how things went AFTER you did your lane change which kept her stuck in that lane to face the semi, or is it a case of "better her than me"?

Driving has to do with everyone cooperating with everyone else. Only when one refuses to cooperate do "accidents" happen!
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #28
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
FSANE:

get a life mate you had lots of room if you can't point this little car in the right direction go give your licence in, you made a direct attack at female drivers i know some who are very good and mate you were making a big deal like others stated there is no need to single people out we all make mistakes. why dont you think about what you are going to say befor you post if you were smart you would have kept your full insurance in sted of getting some cam that only points to the oncoming traffic, here is a good question what would of you done if the good bloke to your right did not speed up for you ??? obviously you need to spend more time in the car and see a real bad driver not some one who has miss judged some lights han is blocking 1/3 of your lane in a 60 zone with a big bad monster truck behind you ready to squash your poor little toy car no dose not sound like a big loss ...
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #29
brotan1x
The Mobile Computer Tech

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Thats type of manuever on a busy street is dangerous and can cause alot of damage... I really don't like seeing that kind of crap. They normally get a nice long honk and sometimes I even shake my fist at them.

Try driving in DFW.. We got it bad.. Best time to drive anywhere is between 9:30 and 10:30 and then 1 and 2:30 pm.. Anytime outside of those windows... You are stuck in traffic with all the nuts! Every day there is an overturned semi on the highway because of the unsafe drivers on the highway swurving in an out of traffic like a bunch of dumbasses. Its even scarrier with all the motorcycles these days..

I think i may get that dash cam just so i can get some good images of all the F'd up wrecks I see and I'd like to show my kids how far I have to go everyday.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin (1937 - 2008)
brotan1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #30
FSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AND189 View Post
FSANE:

get a life mate you had lots of room if you can't point this little car in the right direction go give your licence in, you made a direct attack at female drivers i know some who are very good and mate you were making a big deal like others stated there is no need to single people out we all make mistakes. why dont you think about what you are going to say befor you post if you were smart you would have kept your full insurance in sted of getting some cam that only points to the oncoming traffic, here is a good question what would of you done if the good bloke to your right did not speed up for you ??? obviously you need to spend more time in the car and see a real bad driver not some one who has miss judged some lights han is blocking 1/3 of your lane in a 60 zone with a big bad monster truck behind you ready to squash your poor little toy car no dose not sound like a big loss ...

WOW. I hope you can read better than you type.

One last time. that was the first time i used the camera and that incident was caught. I posted that vid to see how it look on the PC. I never said she almost caused an accident, I never said I had to slam on my brakes, I never said it was a split-second decision to react.

All I said that she is asking for an accident if she continues to drive like that.
Don't make up your own words and assume what did or could of happened. You were not there, so all you are allowed is an opinion and not narrative one. What kind of insurance I have have nothing to do with it. You probably don't even know how US insurance work.

Are all women bad drivers? NO. But in my opinion more that 75% of them are bad drivers. Like I said, its my opinion. In America is called a Right of Speech and that exactly what I am doing. My own mother and sisters are bad drivers. Women don't have the same sense of reaction as men when driving and its been scientifically proven. 2 out of 3 times that someone cuts me off is a woman. Sure I know a few women that are excellent drives, but not all of them.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

11.13 sec vid
BurnOut Vid
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #31
FSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
So tell me: if there was a car on your right blocking your lane change, would the truck be less of a threat? I'm curious about how things went AFTER you did your lane change which kept her stuck in that lane to face the semi, or is it a case of "better her than me"?

Driving has to do with everyone cooperating with everyone else. Only when one refuses to cooperate do "accidents" happen!
the truck actually stopped at the light. If you watch the vid again you can see the light change from green to yellow as i pass the intersection. and I drive by this morning on a opposite direction and saw that she was in left hand turn only lane and she had a red light. after the incoming traffic stops then she would get a green light to proceed.

11.13 sec vid
BurnOut Vid
Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #32
*MOMUS*

Drives: 2010 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
Women don't have the same sense of reaction as men when driving and its been scientifically proven. ...

Don't get your panties in a bunch.
congrats to you for avoiding an accident. you know what i'd like though is full coverage insurance to protect me from opinion masquerading as fact. i also wish i had some kind of camera so i could record how many times on an average trip around the internet i come across like this hunkered down in my lane, just asking for me to slam into it head-on. i'm not saying you're not entitled to it, just don't be so surprised when people honk and flip you off.

and leave everyone's panties out of this, personally i prefer them bunched.
*MOMUS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #33
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Like your camera.