Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Nikolce

Drives: Not a Yaris
Never really thought of looking at buying a yaris until now...

Hey guys, new to the forum! My friend has yaris, never really thought of it as a cool car, but after seeing some of the things that can be done to it, I'm thinking about selling my ole 07 Chevy Impala, and getting myself a used Yaris Sedan most likely.

Wondering before I leap ahead, how customizable are these cars? I've seen some sick customizations that people have, wondering on the difficulty and such, parts availability etc..
Nikolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Welcome to the forum..
Heres a few pics of some mildly modded sedans.http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...?t=1482&page=7
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Welcome.

As far as customizing goes, the sedan and hatch have the same mechanical mods available. When it comes to cosmetics, the hatch has more stuff readily on the market. Sedan has fewer options readily available for body kits, lights, etc.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
SpaceShot

Drives: 2008 Yaris 5 speed HB
That was actually one of my reasons for buying the Yaris over any similar car. There is a wide variety of aftermarket parts and many sources for getting them.

Even though I do very little modification, (tires, cruise, antenna, K&N filter) I like the idea of the Yaris being a popular modding platform. I can be pretty confident of getting exhaust and suspension components well into the future and not have to pay dealer pricing for them.
SpaceShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Nikolce

Being in the US, are there many different options in the Yaris? Like example with a Impala, you have LS, LT, LTZ, SS
Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
you get regular and you get the S version :p

but don't let that discourage you.. Stock Yarii are pretty plain, yes, but with some tasteful application of aftermarket stuff, you can have a real head-turner...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
eht13

Drives: .
Actually, no more S version in the US anymore. You can now add the Sport Package as an option, which is one step up from Power Package, which is one step up from Convenience Package.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
Nikolce

I'm not really discouraged, does it come with power windows and locks standard or no?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolce View Post
I'm not really discouraged, does it come with power windows and locks standard or no?
Standard is manual windows and locks... go with the Power Package for power windows, locks, and mirrors, as well as remote keyless entry.

http://configurator.setbuyatoyota.co...&carname=yaris
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
Nikolce

Yeah I may be buying used though, so I will have to look around more! Gonna use the Impala as a trade in or sell it asap!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
eht13

Cool. If you're going used, the S version would still be an option. All that really adds is the lip kits and spoiler though... I have seen S's without alloy wheels... although S's might all have Power Package, not sure about that. Also, the '07 and '08 sedan have a different front grill than the '09 and '10, so keep that in mind if you have a preference. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Yaris S's have always been rare. I don't know why Toyota limited them so much because they look so much better. Makes all the difference. Finding a used one isn't easy especially if you're picky about color.

These cars are great for customizing. There's a lot you can do. If you end up with a non "S", you can still get a body kit, spoiler, ect. aftermarket. Then of course the biggest things are aftermarket wheels and suspension lowering that really make a difference.

Here are some of my favorites from some of Yaris World's members....(hope they don't mind me posting them)

(1 & 3 are actually the same Yaris - the owner changes it every week )

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote