Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Is there any FRONT swaybar for the Yaris?
yes, C-One makes a BEEFY front sway bar.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #20
Homeboy

Drives: Toyota Yaris XP9
I here nothing but positive reactions about the TRD sway bar, so I ordered one too.

But, is a the use of a front strut bar recommended or not? Does it have any effect? My car will be lowered with though shorter springs (- 1.5in).

Yaris XP9 'by Sparco'
Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #21
andries
aka Jack Wolfskin

Drives: Yaris
Send a message via MSN to andries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy View Post
I here nothing but positive reactions about the TRD sway bar, so I ordered one too.

But, is a the use of a front strut bar recommended or not? Does it have any effect? My car will be lowered with though shorter springs (- 1.5in).
andries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #22
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
Wouldn't it be safe to get a tie-bar support in conjunction with the sway-bar setup?

Is there an aftermarket tie-bar available for our cars?

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #23
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
didn't i read somewhere long ago(pre-hack) that progress was developing a rear sway bar for our yaris? i've checked their website, but all i can find are the springs for our car. maybe it never materialized?
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #24
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
didn't i read somewhere long ago(pre-hack) that progress was developing a rear sway bar for our yaris? i've checked their website, but all i can find are the springs for our car. maybe it never materialized?
They never went into production on it. Still possible they will somewhere down the road but for now your choices are the TRD/Whiteline/Ultra Racing for the rear.

If you want even stiffer rear, you can incorporate one of the lower trailing arm chassis braces such as Nitto/Megan/GT-spec (all pretty much the same).

Front options are C-One and Cusco, C-One being a little bit larger (should be stiffer). I have a brand new C-one front sway bar for sale if anyone is interested, see the link in my sig.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
thanks!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote