Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
/Rant/ Service Certificates No Good Anymore. /Rant/

So I brought my car to the dealer today for an oil change. I still have four of these "Toyota Auto Care Prepaid Maintenance" service certificates and they won't accept them anymore because the agreement expiration date was on Oct. 18, 2009.

I bought the car in Oct. of '08 and when I bought it, one of the questions that they asked me when I was choosing one of the warranties was how many miles do I drive in a year on average. My average is around 5500 miles a year. Right now I have only 13335 miles on it.

So did they expect me to come in five times in the first year (regardless of the the milage and even when they knew the average number of miles I drive a year)?

I'm just annoyed that I have four of these certificates and the dealer won't take them anymore.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Sounds like when they asked you how many miles you drive a year they were just trying to figure out how quickly you would reach the 36,000 mile mark. I don't think this question had anything to do with the free oil changes.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
LOL. Sorry, not laughing at you, but at the dealers who thought someone could use 5 of those certs in a single year. Talk about something for nothing.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Bought mine on 12/27/07... just used my last (8th) certificate back in novermber or december 09.... I don't remember ever seing an expiration date.... I'd moan and groan. If you paid extra for that... i'd demand a refund, and explain nobody ever explained to you there was an expiration date.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
The certificates do say "Agreement Expiration Date: October 18, 2009", but that's never stopped them before from accepting them.

I had some leftover certificates from my '07 LB and used them on this '09 as well and they never said anything about them being expired.

I guess Toyota is so hard up on money now w/ all those recalls and w/ the overall crummy economy that they're clamping down on things like this.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
LOL. Sorry, not laughing at you, but at the dealers who thought someone could use 5 of those certs in a single year. Talk about something for nothing.

I could use 5 in one year. Probably 6 or 7....
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
I'd ask them to honor one of them in exchange for the unused ones, get the service, thengo elsewhere in the future.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote