Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Thumbs down What next... ??

Some of you might have noticed that i've been quiet lately.

beside not having much time, i've been thinking what i should do with my Yaris.
It's partially stock... i've got HID, windows tinted and a sound system. Oh! and i almost forgot.. i have a set of Yaris 15" TS rims.

There are a few things i am not satisfied with my yaris, and lately, i've been thinking about changing car. though, my lease is over in November 2011.

I was looking at a new Yaris sedan 2010 (they don't make the aero bodykit anymore!!!), a Yaris hatch 5doors RS, Corolla CE with enchanced convenience package, Honda Civic LX Sport and a Kia Forte. Oh, the honda Fit Sport is also nice, but it's damn expensive.

anyways.. here's what i hate about my Yaris. It's got a few dings here and there. I count 3 on the driver's side, one of which is on the A pillar. I guess a 2x4 knocked over when someone tried to load it through his window.

I do rust proof every year, so there are no rust whatsoever except the trunk lid. For some reason, i had the dealer repaint the trunk lid the 2nd year i had the car. Now, there's always this one spot of rust under the spoiler, which i cannot reach and scrub and patch with paint.. so it's always rusting out.

Around the licence plate light also starts to rust. I guess water always get around there and well..

2 winters ago, i had hit a snow bump (it was about 1.5ft high) which broke a clip on my front lip and then someone hit me from behing, leaving a large scratch on my bumper. So i had both repainted, but i lost the silicone strip that seals/spaces the bodykit to the bumper. You don't notice it, but it is ugly when you look at it.

Done with the exterior... i guess... The interior issues now.. I've always had a couple rattle with my car. One of which toyota tried to fix, but still happened... Then i ended up finding it myself and had it fixed. And then ever since Toyota did the seat belt recall, there's always a noise, like a screw rolling at the bottom case of the car when i stop and go. There are also more noise under the dash too, which i was planning to take apart and tighten up everything when i move into the new house...

What do you guys think? I must be really unlucky.. :(
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote