Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Sedans Arent So Bad After All

When I bought my 2009 yaris a hatchback was availible. In 2000 when I bought my ECHO I didnt have that option. I was stuck with a sedan. I really wanted a hatch. But now that I have one I realize that the sedan isnt so bad after all. With the fold down seats giving access to the trunk you can still get long items in there. I recommend the two door model because the doors are so much bigger. You can get much larger items in the interior that way. You might really be stuck with a four door since the doors are So much smaller. On my hatch I would really like to remove the rear seat and all some time. I just worry about resale value.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
AzNguy

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2009
except when you have a sedan with manual windows/locks and can't install power locks/window control panel. definitely no room for it. :( well on the '09 that is...
AzNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Dorkinheimer

Drives: Yaris 2007 *manual*
..and sedans only come in 4 doors.
Dorkinheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
AzNguy

this he's confused with the words hatchback and sedan. :)
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNguy View Post
except when you have a sedan with manual windows/locks and can't install power locks/window control panel. definitely no room for it. :( well on the '09 that is...
No room for it? It's the exact same except for one has holes cut out with switches in them and the non-power doesn't have any cut-outs. You could just buy the OEM panel when you do your install.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
bronsin

Quote:
Thats a shame for those who would want to install them. My (unasked for) advice is dont get those things because they only break and cost $$$$ to fix. It recently came to my attention if you have remote locks and your cars battery goes dead YOU CANT GET IN THE CAR! WOW!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkinheimer View Post
..and sedans only come in 4 doors.
Hmmm big disadvantage getting big things home.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
bronsin

Quote:
this he's confused with the words hatchback and sedan. :)

Old 11-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Thats a shame for those who would want to install them. My (unasked for) advice is dont get those things because they only break and cost $$$$ to fix. It recently came to my attention if you have remote locks and your cars battery goes dead YOU CANT GET IN THE CAR! WOW!

Why wouldn't you be able to get into the car? You wouldn't leave your ign. key in the car, would you? I have had plenty of batteries go dead in remotes but I have always been able to get into the car.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
AzNguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
No room for it? It's the exact same except for one has holes cut out with switches in them and the non-power doesn't have any cut-outs. You could just buy the OEM panel when you do your install.
Hm...interesting. I swear the '09 Sedan is different from the '07. I was looking at the interior of JumpmanYaris's '07 Sedan. It is pretty different from my '09.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
AzNguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
It may be different (07's to 09's) , but you can still get power windows and locks. As far as them breaking and costing money to fix, if you get it installed at a reputable retailer they generally warranty their work for as long as you own the car, it will be costly but you get what you pay for. As far as power windows, you do not need to have the switches on the door panels, but you can put them in the center console, there should be 2 cut outs for extra switches for whatever toyota decided not to put there.
Guess that would be an interior unique feature. Probably the only place to put it...I can even take a picture of my door armrest if you want to see how there is no space...
Old 11-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #12
AzNguy

Oh yea, I know where the cut outs near the gear shifter is. It's like right next to the e-brake. I don't know about using those because I have soo much wires already for my amp+sub and HU with bluetooth wires and USB cables.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Why wouldn't you be able to get into the car? You wouldn't leave your ign. key in the car, would you? I have had plenty of batteries go dead in remotes but I have always been able to get into the car.
I was thinking about a friend at work with a PowerStroke Diesel who wams the truck up before leaving at midnight. Key in the ignition, engine running doors locked. Keypad on the doors to open and get in. Keypad fails, doors wont open, motor cant be shut off!
Yeah if you had the key (outside) you could get in!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
AzNguy

Quote:
Well your only alternative then is to buy an armrests for a sedan with the power package if you want to add those features.
Good idea! Who has some???? Anyone here?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
b_hickman11

Quote:
I know there is not gonna be cut outs on the door panel. Take a picture of the center console where the gear shifter is, this is where I am talking about.

I have 2 07 sedans, one with the power package and one without, so I know what the differences are between the 2 for that year. The 09's may or are probably different but I would bet the console has 2 extra cut outs on it.
I have an 07 without Factory power and an 08 with Factory power. There is no difference between the 2 years. I could take the OEM switch panels out of the 08 and put them in the 07.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
b_hickman11

Quote:
Well your only alternative then is to buy an armrests for a sedan with the power package if you want to add those features.
Sedans don't have the armrest(power or no power). I believe that is a feature only available on the LB.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I was thinking about a friend at work with a PowerStroke Diesel who wams the truck up before leaving at midnight. Key in the ignition, engine running doors locked. Keypad on the doors to open and get in. Keypad fails, doors wont open, motor cant be shut off!
Yeah if you had the key (outside) you could get in!
Those run off the car battery right and not a separate battery? So if the keypad is not working because of battery loss, then your car is not going to start even if you had the door opened.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #18
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I have an '07 sedan that did not come with a power package. I had Toyota install one for me (thinking it was going to be a swap with Toyota parts, but was not the case). They added the window buttons to where the cranks used to be, and drilled and added the buttons for the locks on the existing arm rests on the front two doors.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote