Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Jengbaby

Drives: Yaris 2007
Please help!!!

I carry a bottle of baby oil in my workout bag and it spilled out of the bag and onto myupholstery. I did not notice it until this morning on my way to work. I don't know what to use to get the big oil stain out of my seat and I certainly don't want to make it worse. Please help with any suggestions...I'm really bummed
Jengbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Jengbaby

Sorry about the extra smiley....posting from my phone is difficult.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB

How To Remove Baby Oil From Upholstery

Step 1: Blot up as much of the baby oil as possible from the upholstery without spreading the stain further.

Step 2: Place an absorbent, such as cornstarch or baking soda, onto the baby oil stain, and let it soak in for approximately 15 minutes.

Step 3: Scrape or vacuum up the absorbent, which has absorbed some of the baby oil.

Hint: Depending on the amount of the baby oil spilled you may need to repeat this step until no more baby oil is absorbed by the baking soda or corn starch.

Step 4: For the baby oil still remaining take a clean white cloth and sponge the stain caused by the baby oil with a dry-cleaning solvent.

Hint: First, be sure to test this solvent on an inconspicuous area of the upholstery to make sure it is safe for your upholstery.

Step 5: Next, blot at the solution until the solvent is absorbed.

Step 6: Repeat steps 4-5 until the stains are removed from the upholstery.

If that does not work you can mix a solution of two cups cool water and one tablespoon dishwashing liquid, and using this solution, sponge the stain with a clean white cloth, blotting at the solution until the liquid is absorbed, and the stain removed.

Once the stain from the baby oil is gone use plain cold water and a new white cloth and sponge the area to remove the cleaning solution, and then blot dry.

Hint: Be sure to get the upholstery only as wet as necessary to remove the stain caused by the baby oil.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Jengbaby

Thanks so much!!! CT...I've already tried wetting the stain this morning and scrubbing the area with an old jacket cause I was panicking. Do you think I've already made it worse?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengbaby View Post
Thanks so much!!! CT...I've already tried wetting the stain this morning and scrubbing the area with an old jacket cause I was panicking. Do you think I've already made it worse?
I've never had oil on upholstery, but I've permanently stained shirts with olive oil. I think the absorbent material piece makes sense, as it is like using speedi-dry on an oil spill on a garage floor.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

And, by the way - Stop using baby oil and switch to Monkey Butt powder. Is is way better for preventing chaffing.

http://shop.antimonkeybutt.com/produ...tt-Powder.html
Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 AM   #7
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
I use both baby oil and monkey butt and I use "non fast absorbing" lotion after tanning.
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote