Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Got hit at work today, lady drove off.

So I was minding my own business, helping people at work and one of the managers came up and asked what I drove. You know me, mr. proud yaris driver so I was like "The yaris " then this guy says "your car just got hit in the parking lot, the lady drove off." then he hands me a piece of paper and says "here is the tag number, my phone number since i witnessed it, and this lady's number because she witnessed it too". Praise the people who can react fast enough and have a pen and paper on hand to write down a tag number. I filed the police report, and we'll see if I can't get the money from the insurance company to continue my plans of flat black on the car and wheels. Blacking the headlights out soon as well. Since I work at best buy now, ill probably get my windows tinted there. Anyway, apparently the lady drove into a shopping cart - knocked it over, then kept going, driving the on it's side shopping cart into my passenger side . Got a decent little dent in the bottom left of the passenger side door, 3-5" scrape to the left of the door, 5 long individual scrapes, scratched the window to hell, and scratched up the door pretty good. When the cop showed up an hour later, he asked me if the lady knew if she hit the car or not. Maybe she didn't notice I wasn't sure because I didn't witness it, then the hero who wrote down the tag pulls in the parking spot next to where me and the cop are talking. He said he forgot to get something from the store so he was back, hah. Perfect timing. So he told the cop that if the lady didn't know she hit my car she would have to be crazy. He said it was loud enough for everyone in the parking lot to look when it happened. Anyway, just wanted to share my story.. zzzzz.. boring i know.

As far as the flat black thing goes, alot of people keep telling me I "have" to keep the flames, but what they don't understand is it's got way to many body issues now and i'd rather have a clean/straight body with flat black paint than with the flames and sick body damage. It'll still look good though

Mad respect for people quick on their feet

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Great story! Hooray for good people out there! Sorry to hear about the damage on your car,
but I'm so glad to hear that this hit-and-runner is gonna be caught.

Soooo.... flat black huh?... It's going to be quite sad to see such beautiful artwork go to
waste, but you're right on having a clean/straight body.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
i had a hit and run on my old car while i was in it and i ended up getting his tag, i always wondered what happened to him afterward... i know it's a pretty serious offense and his insurance covered the grand to fix my car, but i wish i knew what happened to him along the lines of tickets and stuff.

sorry to hear about your car, that amazing airbrushing will be missed but really it's all up yo what you like/want. i hope everything works out to your liking.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
What if the woman is sexy, will you forgive her?

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 AM   #5
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Hit-and-runs are despicable! One of my biggest pet peeves. We all make mistakes, no problem with that, but face it and take responsibility.

Last year, when my wife was 2 months pregnant (!) a 17 year old girl drove into my wife's car sideways. My wife's car was pushed onto a perpendicular street, so she couldn't follow, and the girl just drove away without stopping. A cop on a motorcycle responded to the call and a kid on a skateboard told the cop "it was a Toyota RAV4 2000" but he couldn't get the license plate.

About 30 minutes later, when I got home, I jumped on my bicycle and rode around the neighborhood and, lucky me, found the car after about 10 minutes. We called the police, the same cop showed up and said he was going to wait by the car until someone came up. Sure thing, the girl gets out of class (we used to live close to a college), the cop pulls her over and she starts crying and confessed before he even got to ask her anything. He called her dad, waited for him to show up, read her Miranda rights and arrested her for hit-and-run. It feels good when justice is served and you see that the system works, but I sure felt mad and helpless until we actually found her...
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horse View Post
Nope. Not a snowball's chance in hell.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
hit and runs will get your insurance dropped and you will become uninsurable

no company will want to take you on as a risk, and if they do it would be like a 400 dollar a month charge

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
Hit-and-runs are despicable! One of my biggest pet peeves. We all make mistakes, no problem with that, but face it and take responsibility.
+1
Old 11-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
With cameras everywhere there might be a chance that Best Buy had the parking lot covered. Chances are that the other person isn't insured. You can still get your money it will take a little more work. Give the hero $50.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
With cameras everywhere there might be a chance that Best Buy had the parking lot covered. Chances are that the other person isn't insured. You can still get your money it will take a little more work. Give the hero $50.
.... I got the tag number. The investigation on my part ends there I gave him a good deal on some phones. Best Buy didn't have it on camera though, I was parked out of view. Atleast I know where to park now after it happened the security guy came to me and said "park here, and we will keep an eye on it for you."

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
NOOOOOOO not the beautiful flame paint job >:{

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
fmicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horse View Post
It actually happened to me about 3 years ago. So, I'm waiting at a red traffic light in the "straight ahead" lane. The light turns green for the "turn left" lane and all of a sudden I hear and feel a thud behind me.

So I get out of the car and behind me, in a Chevy Camaro, this 20-25 year old, tall, gorgeous looking Russian girl with a skirt so short, I couldn't get myself to look for the damage to my car for the first 5 minutes. It was funny though watching her trying to bend and look under my bumper...

I had a Jeep Chrokee then with a receiver hitch installer, plenty of ground clearance, so no damage. Just some dust scratches on the bumper, just as if someone had used some thin sand paper on it. But anyway, I was still mad... I got to work about 45 minutes late. She was very scared and didn't stop apologizing. I felt sorry for her, she said "my husband will be mad at me, it's the second accident in the past 2 weeks".
Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
she said "my husband will be mad at me, it's the second accident in the past 2 weeks".
SUCKS

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #14
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
SUCKS
she shouldn't be driving!!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
fmicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom Lftback View Post
she shouldn't be driving!!
Or, at least, she shouldn't be driving the Camaro. Get her a Civic or something
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #16
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

The person who caused this and drove off is no lady.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #17
shaneeezy
<3

Drives: '08 Polar White Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to shaneeezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
women drivers.......
Heeyyy what is up with the sexist comments towards women?
shaneeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #18
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Haha! PETERPOOP, you better watch out! You know how fast women can network...
Good one shaneeezy
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote