Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Possible Bad News!

I pulled the two leading rear seat bolts from my 07 LB for XM antenna installation. There are pressed/threaded fasteners, but the pocket also has tiny holes through the floor board. This could leave a point for corrosive winter salts to enter the body. I goped the base of the holes with silicon to seal them. The socket for bolt removal is a Torx E10.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
most seat bolts are threaded completely through the floor board. there shouldnt be any problems as long as is torqued properly to spec. ive never seen water or debris enter or corrode the floor or bolts on any of the cars i worked on. so dont lose any sleep over it...

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
I installed an XM radio this weekend (Sportscaster - Direct wired into (using stock Yaris Double din FM/mp3 radio) FM car antenna, broadcasts on ch. 89.5 FM.

Anyway, I have a 07 Yaris and I mounted the antenna on the dash in the middle of the speedometer housing. Guess what? It works perfectly as far as reception. No cut-out under bridges, trees, etc. In fact, I was stuck under a freeway overpass this morning (I am in Pasadena, CA) and was there for about two minutes until the light changed, and I was right in the middle of the overpass; there was about 20 feet of concrete directly above and to the front and rear of me, and STILL no problem with XM reception.

Actually, I don't have the XM activated yet, but just have been testing reception listening to the stupid "Preview Channel" in order to determine how the reception will work. The wire from the antenna on the dash goes behind the large glove box in front of the passenger's seat. Now that I have seen that reception is no problem with this set up, I will disassemble the speedometer housing, notch it, and run the XM antenna wire down and snake it to under the dash where everything else is mounted from the direct FM kit.

Unless XM radio is broadcasting the preview channel on a different signal strenght, in order to dupe people who test it out, (but I really don't think they do this....) this seems like a viable solution.

Hey, it works for me.

Jack
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote