Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
What's the proper way to check our auto trans fluid?

I wonder what the best way to check our fluid level is on the Yaris? Best to check it while it's cold or warm or while it's running even? And what would be the best level for it to be at. Thanks
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #2
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
hi buddy

make sure the vehicle is level and its running, your oil dip stick should have hot and cold levels on it, if its not changing smooth the oil could be a little low, and if the oil is dark change it,
Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
isnt he talking about the transmission fluid? Which if i remember right is to the right of the oil dipstick.
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
it's on the drivers side in the front of the engine . Take car for a good run of 10 miles or so to get the fluid hot . Then park it on a level surface with the engine running and work through all the gears ( reverse too ) several times . Get out with car running in PARK ( hand brake on if you want ) to read the level which should be at or near the HOT level mark .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
boodage
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
What do the various markings mean on the auto transmission dipstick?
boodage is offline   Reply With Quote