Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
petefozzy

Drives: Yaris
Turn Signal Wiring

Hi I have a 1999 1.0 litre vvti Yaris hatch and have installed a universal central remote locking kit it all works great apart from I need to tap into the turn signal wiring to make them flash when I lock/ open the doors I was wondering if there was any were in the car I could tap into these as I dont want to go into the engine bay.
Thanks Peter
petefozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Most people tap the taillight signal, rather than the turn signals, since the turn signals require two separate relay outputs from the keyless entry system. I don't have the wiring diagram for the 99, but looking at the 2000 US version, which may be the same, you can tap the tail light feed at the headlight switch connector.

There are two ways that the tails can be wired depending on if the car had wireless door lock control or not. Since yours sounds like it did not, there should be a green wire with a white stripe in pin 13 and a solid green wire in pin 10. To flash the lights the green wire in pin 10 needs to receive 12V. it is a positive signal, rather than a negative one, which may require you to use a relay to invert the output from your module.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
petefozzy

CT Scott
Thank you very much for the reply but dont really understand about the tail light as over here in the UK most central locking systems flash the turn signals there are 2 wires from the key less relay system I have installed to be connected into the turn signal wiring I just wondered if there was anything I could tap into I would not mind tapping into the tail light but do not really understand about maybe requiring a relay to invert the output I just thought I would be able to connect the 2 wires I have into the turn signal circuits.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

OK - If you have two wires, then turn signals it is.

On connector 1B of the under dash fuse panel, pin 7 (green wire with a black stripe) and pin 6 (green wire with a yellow stripe) are the left and right (respectively) outputs to the turn signals. Applying 12 volts to those two wires will flash the turns.

2000 Under Dash Fuse Panel.jpg
Old 01-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
petefozzy

Thanks very much for the information will give it a try tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
petefozzy

Worked like a dream thank you so much for all your help Ctscott much appreciated
Old 01-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefozzy View Post
Worked like a dream thank you so much for all your help Ctscott much appreciated
Excellent! And, now we know that the wiring for the 99 is the same as the 2000.