Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #19
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Indeed a great cruise......and from what I hear the Proposal went well and he now has a Fiance'......

I wonder if other areas of the country have as much fun as we do here in teh PNW.....other than the constant rain and grey skies we got a lot of fun to be had each year......
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #20
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
has anyone posted pics from the event?

I know my friend in Oregon tried to keep up with a Yaris owner who went on it...he gave props to the owner and car!
Well, her bf was driving her car anyway..

From the pic my friend sent me, it looks like Astroman? Silver with black stripes?
Ha yeah that was me He had fun trying to keep up on some of those corners lol. I'd love it if ya posted the pic on here. I arrived pretty late to the event but I had a good reason: I'M GETTING MARRIED! She said yes! That's probably why I tore down the mountain like that, I was pretty happy and excited!

Had a lot of fun, will be going to more events this year and I'll have the rest of my body kit on.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
<snip>
I arrived pretty late to the event but I had a good reason: I'M GETTING MARRIED! She said yes! That's probably why I tore down the mountain like that, I was pretty happy and excited!
<more snippage>
Congrats!! We're looking at 36 years now, and many more to come. Best thing we ever did (and I have her permission to say so!).
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
Astroman
Modded Moderator

36 years congrats! I'm five years younger than that

She's an amazing person and we match perfectly. I have no doubts that we will be together a long, long time. She had a lot of fun at the event and was super impressed on how great everyone she met was. It was such a good first impression of the group that she said she is definetly in for more!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:

She's an amazing person and we match perfectly. I have no doubts that we will be together a long, long time. She had a lot of fun at the event and was super impressed on how great everyone she met was. It was such a good first impression of the group that she said she is definetly in for more!
Anything for another Yaris member :D

Here it is....between a 9th gen Civic and a Yaris.
She wanted me to go up, i just couldnt round up enough people to go with me to the Meet. Maybe next year

AND congratz on her saying YES!
Awesome that she enjoyed the meet and looks forward to more of them.
Attached Images

Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
SailDesign

Quote:

Thanks, AstroMan! Looks like you've got it figured. Just NEVER forget that it takes work (on both sides) to keep things together. Life is not maintenance-free
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Thanks, AstroMan! Looks like you've got it figured. Just NEVER forget that it takes work (on both sides) to keep things together. Life is not maintenance-free
well it technically is if you live as a hermit in a cave on a mountain 1000 miles from another human being. But then you have to learn how to hunt and kill and cook and there's no internet. If I could add internet and running water to that option I would probably take it.

But back to reality, congrats Astroman.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #26
SailDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
well it technically is if you live as a hermit in a cave on a mountain 1000 miles from another human being. But then you have to learn how to hunt and kill and cook and there's no internet. If I could add internet and running water to that option I would probably take it.

But back to reality, congrats Astroman.
So hunting, killing and cooking are not maintenance?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
So hunting, killing and cooking are not maintenance?
not compared to maintaining relationships with real living human beings. Compared to that, hunting, cooking, making your own ammunition or arrows, and making your own cave a home are all easy things to do.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #28
SailDesign

Quote:
not compared to maintaining relationships with real living human beings. Compared to that, hunting, cooking, making your own ammunition or arrows, and making your own cave a home are all easy things to do.

That explains SOoooo much.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #29
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:

That explains SOoooo much.
Wait what? Was it not kinda obvious I am anti social already? People and me don't mix.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #30
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Ha yeah that was me He had fun trying to keep up on some of those corners lol. I'd love it if ya posted the pic on here. I arrived pretty late to the event but I had a good reason: I'M GETTING MARRIED! She said yes! That's probably why I tore down the mountain like that, I was pretty happy and excited!

Had a lot of fun, will be going to more events this year and I'll have the rest of my body kit on.
I'll bet you have a lot of fun on the roads around Wenatchee. The last time I was speeding I got caught and got a ticket. I was driving a rental car from Leavenworth to Roslyn. I remember seeing signs for Wenatchee. There was no one else on the road for long periods of time. A car passed in the opposite direction and it was a LEO. I was only going a little bit over the speed limit, but the LEO did a perfect skidding 180 on the narrow road and pulled me over. Congrats as you look toward your big day.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #31
SailDesign

Quote:
Wait what? Was it not kinda obvious I am anti social already? People and me don't mix.
I wouldn't say "anti-social" at all. Just, as you say, that you and people don't mix. "Intolerant" might be a better word - if you were anti-social, you wouldn't be here.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #32
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
I wouldn't say "anti-social" at all. Just, as you say, that you and people don't mix. "Intolerant" might be a better word - if you were anti-social, you wouldn't be here.
true. intolerant might be more apt. i don't suffer fools gladly, or really at all. YW tends to bring out the argumentative jerk in me.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #33
SailDesign

Quote:
true. intolerant might be more apt. i don't suffer fools gladly, or really at all. YW tends to bring out the argumentative jerk in me.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #34
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Lol you guys

Yes the roads around here are fun. My favorite is the Entiat River Rd off Hwy 97A. 30 miles of curves, longest straight is only a 1/4 mile long. Noone has been able to lose me, or keep up in 5 years on it. Engagement is going well, moved into a great place in East Wenatchee and am planning on going to vegas in October (to be married)