Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
cbjr
CBJR

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan
New owner have a question about new key programming

I have a 2012 Yaris Sedan which I figured was only offered as fleet vehicle when it was new but pretty much the same with 2011 sedan. Only issue I have is it didn't have keyless entry. I have power locks, 2 keys but no remote. I don't have immobilizer since ignition tumbler is just metal. So I did some research and find a door control module for the car and got the appropriate key for it. model/part number for the module is 89741-52290 which is a FCC: MOZB21RG so I got myself a key (MOZB41TG). Plugged in the receiver to the connector behind the drivers side rear door and used the regular programming sequence. (door open, put key in/out close/open door etc usual steps). Problem is it seems like accepting the key program and confirms but then remote doesn't operate doors. The receiver module is from a 2008 sedan Yaris. I even went a head and pulled another remote unit from a scion TC from the junk yard that has same connector and FCC ID. it does the same thing.. Am I missing a step? or maybe the body control unit didn't like the receiver modules?? is there a way to reset it? or try techstream to make them talk each other? it is frustrating to program it and think its done and next moment doesn't work.. I know its a minor annoyance not to have keyless entry but here up in northeast Ohio I don't want to get stranded when my key hole freezes. It is really frustrating getting it so close to working but cant make it work..
Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited by cbjr; 12-05-2018 at 04:31 PM.
cbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 11:21 AM   #2
BR4ND0N8
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan
I am having the same exact issue as you... did you ever figure this out?

2008 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan
power locks
chipless key
steel key
NO FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY (NO KEY FOBS, NO [RECEIVER, DOOR CONTROL] MODULE)

I went to the junk yard and purchased a [RECEIVER, DOOR CONTROL] module from a 2009 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan.
Module info... RECEIVER, DOOR CONTROL - 89741-52170 - FCC ID: MOZB21RG

Purchased 2 MOZB41TG key/fob combination keys from Amazon that match what it says in the factory manuals for both the 2008 and 2009.

Connected the module.
Entered programming mode... works as expected.
Both MOZB41TG key/fob combination keys are recognized during the programming mode.
Open the driver door. (to exit programming mode)
Try the MOZB41TG key/fob combination keys... nothing happens.

I work as a Systems Administrator for a Toyota Dealership and I have asked a couple of my mechanic friends and they are stumped.

I have tried a different MOZB41TG key/fob combination key (Toyota OEM) from another vehicle and the same thing happens... appears to program during the process (lock unlock acknowledgement, etc.) but then nothing when attempting to use it.

I have also tried another [RECEIVER, DOOR CONTROL] module from a 2007 Scion tC Coupe.
Module info... RECEIVER, DOOR CONTROL - 89741-21040 - FCC ID: MOZB21RG
The process and outcome are exactly the same... appears to program during the process (lock unlock acknowledgement, etc.) but then nothing when attempting to use it.

Is there anyone that can provide any further recommendations?
BR4ND0N8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door control, door locks, keyless entry, remote entry