Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #19
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Yarisugi, how's Hawaii? :)

That is a 1/4" of Ensolite foam over at least two layers of Stinger Roadkill Pro. The trunk lid is serious. I have three layers of Roadkill with 1/2" of foam...and the stock cover STILL fits on the lid! It looks almost quilted though...

Oh, hell with it. Here's the trunk lid. Note that I forgot to take pictures of me laying down the Roadkill. I was on a roll from finishing the right side front door...

This is with the stock cover off. I'm plugging the small holes in preparation for foam in the "skeleton":

This is after the latex foam, roadkill, and the ensolite...and before the cover is put back on:

Notice the hole on the right there?

Here's the solution:

It actually blends better that the picture portrays. The flash brings out the difference between CAE matting and painted metal.

With the floor pan and back seat done, the shop owner has said that the car is quieter than his last AMG Merc. Not bad since it's a Toyota Yaris and it has more deadening to come.

Again, this problem that is being experienced can be alleviated. That panel needs to be deadened. The factory grill needs to come off to relieve the pressure put on it from the speaker being right behind it. Unfortunately for us, the grill is part of the panel. It's an easy fix though. It just takes time, some tools, and the willingness to live with a modified door panel (vs stock).

...as for my own thread...

I'll have one eventually. Lord knows I've got enough pictures. The test enclosures for the three way components, A-pillars, the kick "pods", the doors, the subwoofer enclosure, the amp rack, the custom mount for the Carrozzeria...it's all coming in April to a thread near you...

That Carrozzeria piece is spectacular. It's a beautiful, all in one DIN dual 30 band EQ, four 24 bit DAC, 4 way crossover, time alignment, and CD tuner. It's sitting at the shop under glass with the three way set just waiting for me to come home. I think I'm going to cry! I miss the smell of fiberglass resin, the snip of speaker wires, the occasional cursing cause one cuts his hand, the beer after hours...

...man I miss the beer...

Last edited by sqcomp; 11-08-2009 at 03:30 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #20
JayTee09
4dr=FTW

Drives: Yaris Sedan
^^^Thats a sexxy unit dude. KUDOS
JayTee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 AM   #21
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The "downfall" for me is that if it ever needs anything beyond basic PMCS, it'll need to go back to Japan. That's the price for buying a "grey market" piece. At least I have the contact to do so...

...and I'm STILL 7000 miles away from this piece. It's mine, and I've never even touched it...

Anyone guess why I'm waiting so anxiously to get home? Wife, friends, and car audio.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Return home safely!
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #23
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2 View Post
A cap is never the answer.

Best solutions start cheap, then get expensive.

1 - Reground of existing ground wires, aka Grounding DIY or buying a kit
2 - Get a 2nd alternator (not sure if it can work with the Yaris, haven't looked into it yet)
3 - Get a high output alternator

A poorly made cap, or any cap for that matter, will pull more power. Remember that a cap is just another addition to your setup, and it will pull power.

A cap is only advantageous if you already have sufficient current supply in the first place.
Do this. I have speakers and sub amped with vega amps. I can bump the shit out of my system and voltage doesn't drop at all. Good wiring makes a huge difference.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Return home safely!
+1

And damn that is a sexy HU.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
i have the squeaky rear left speaker too. sometimes the cars vibrations driving down the road will make it squeak even when i turn the music off. drives me nuts. i need somone to drive me around in circles so i can lay in the back seat and fix it. any takers? ill even buy lunch (taco bell or mcdonalds)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #26
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
and yes, i did revive an ancient thread