Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #343
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Too cool
Thanks ern-diz! It is awesome!

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #344
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
More legit...find yourself a TS badge. Got one in my garage but it's pretty beat up.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Like this?

There is this, but it looks like a peel-and-stick only. I would need one that attaches to the grille.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/TRD-T-Sport...p2047675.l2644

Looks like I found the actual badge (Toyota 75301-52010) in the UK, but it will not ship overseas.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 11-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #345
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
The actual bolt fastened badge is a unicorn on these shores. May have to buddy up with one of our UK friends to arrange an acquisition.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #346
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
The actual bolt fastened badge is a unicorn on these shores. May have to buddy up with one of our UK friends to arrange an acquisition.

Excellent idea! May have to make a post about it.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #347
06YarisRS

2nd Test Drive and Exhaust Work

I went out for another drive this evening and I'm impressed. Took it out on the highway and found the steepest hill I could. I set the cruise control at 120 km/h. With the 1NZ and cruise set, it would always drop a gear. The 2ZR powers up the hill without a gear drop and not even a detectable increase in rpm. Awesome!

I was under the back of the car rigging up a bungy cord on the hanger to stop the clunking just for tonight. I had a look at the midpipe and I'm thinking I ought to have the exhaust shop chop the pipe at the resonator and upsize the pipe to the rear flange at the axle. Maybe to 2" or 2.25". I know that my muffler will be much more free flowing than the stock muffler, but I can't help but think that that midpipe is really restrictive. Taking into consideration what you have all said - and done - as well as reading a thread by 'the barber', I'm thinking this is the route to go. I've heard that a freer flowing (maybe too free-flowing) exhaust can adversely affect torque and I wouldn't want to lose any of that. Thoughts/comments welcome as always.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #348
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
I did an extensive amount of research on this topic back when I did my swap too. I ended up using a magnaflow resonator and muffler, and 2.25in piping. The 2.5in pipe is where you start losing torque according to the internet dyno charts.

I have a video of my dyno run as proof that I didn’t loose any torque
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #349
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
I went out for another drive this evening and I'm impressed. Took it out on the highway and found the steepest hill I could. I set the cruise control at 120 km/h. With the 1NZ and cruise set, it would always drop a gear. The 2ZR powers up the hill without a gear drop and not even a detectable increase in rpm. Awesome!

I was under the back of the car rigging up a bungy cord on the hanger to stop the clunking just for tonight. I had a look at the midpipe and I'm thinking I ought to have the exhaust shop chop the pipe at the resonator and upsize the pipe to the rear flange at the axle. Maybe to 2" or 2.25". I know that my muffler will be much more free flowing than the stock muffler, but I can't help but think that that midpipe is really restrictive. Taking into consideration what you have all said - and done - as well as reading a thread by 'the barber', I'm thinking this is the route to go. I've heard that a freer flowing (maybe too free-flowing) exhaust can adversely affect torque and I wouldn't want to lose any of that. Thoughts/comments welcome as always.
I'm by no means an expert but from what I understand, you want to be able to tune to the air/fuel flow. Since these cars are next to impossible to tune, I've stayed away from intake/exhaust mods out of fear of actually losing BHP and/or torque rather than gaining. The noises it would make might be nice but without gains, or worse yet, with losses, I don't see the point.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #350
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Also

If you find those TS badges I’ll buy one for everyone on here with a swap. It’s the least I can do to show my appreciation for all the support of everyone here.
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #351
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmstrongRacing View Post
I did an extensive amount of research on this topic back when I did my swap too. I ended up using a magnaflow resonator and muffler, and 2.25in piping. The 2.5in pipe is where you start losing torque according to the internet dyno charts.

I have a video of my dyno run as proof that I didn’t loose any torque
Excellent. Thanks Tom! I'll check out your video. It would be great to have a comparison between the stock exhaust and a freer flowing one. Barber said he noticed no difference with just the muffler, but the midpipe made a noticeable difference, but I think, if I recall correctly, that was on a 1.5.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #352
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I'm by no means an expert but from what I understand, you want to be able to tune to the air/fuel flow. Since these cars are next to impossible to tune, I've stayed away from intake/exhaust mods out of fear of actually losing BHP and/or torque rather than gaining. The noises it would make might be nice but without gains, or worse yet, with losses, I don't see the point.
Thanks ern-diz. Minimally, I'd like to get back to what the stock xD exhaust was. The used eBay midpipe I almost got looked mandrel bent and much more free-flowing than the aftermarket one I bought. As Adam mentioned earlier in the thread, these aftermarket ones (He mentioned the Walker in particular) have significant restrictions in the bends. He was definitely right about that!

Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #353
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmstrongRacing View Post
Also

If you find those TS badges I’ll buy one for everyone on here with a swap. It’s the least I can do to show my appreciation for all the support of everyone here.
Huh? I think I should be buying them I will keep looking and let you know if I come up with anything.

EDIT: Following up on a lead now. I've emailed a UK eBay seller. Will let you know. I need to confirm if this is what we're looking for:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Toyota-7530152010/652635220

And this, but with different coloring and part number (and actual pic of back):

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...29206000&ver=0

I can only find pics of the front of the badge online. There is a cheaper one (4.99 pounds) but I think it's a sticker. The listing above refers to placement on the front of the car.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 11-08-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #354
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
Torquey == broke loose in 3rd gear this morning; yes, it was wet..

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new found, smooth power of the 2ZR!

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #355
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic_hoji View Post
Torquey == broke loose in 3rd gear this morning; yes, it was wet..

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new found, smooth power of the 2ZR!

-- Adam
2ZR-FAE 139 - 148 HP! I bet it can break loose! You must feel a significant difference from stock.

I am definitely loving the 2ZR. Car feels a lot lighter.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #356
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
An alternate part number for that badge you're after is

75312-52060

Im not sure what the differences are but both badges can be had for $30 AUD from amayama.com

Can get pictures from the parts catalogue this evening if needed.

:)
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #357
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stidnam View Post
An alternate part number for that badge you're after is

75312-52060

Im not sure what the differences are but both badges can be had for $30 AUD from amayama.com

Can get pictures from the parts catalogue this evening if needed.

:)
Thank you, Stidnam! Just checked that out. Definitely a possibility. It looks like shipping would be killer from no matter where.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #358
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Like this?

There is this, but it looks like a peel-and-stick only. I would need one that attaches to the grille.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/TRD-T-Sport...p2047675.l2644

Looks like I found the actual badge (Toyota 75301-52010) in the UK, but it will not ship overseas.
I have that badge on my trunk, after about a year the red faded and crack/chipped, looks ok but cheap as hell

I initially had a 2.5" and can confirm the loss in torque according to my butt dyno. I went back and got 2.25" and I'm all smiles now
Old 11-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #359
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I have that badge on my trunk, after about a year the red faded and crack/chipped, looks ok but cheap as hell

I initially had a 2.5" and can confirm the loss in torque according to my butt dyno. I went back and got 2.25" and I'm all smiles now
Yeah, I'm sure the cheapie ones are junk. Hopefully, the Toyota part would be much better made.

Thanks for your experience with the exhaust. I'm thinking 2.25", since it will be crush bent, would be my best bet. I found a place that will do the exhaust with a day or two notice. I'll probably make an appointment for the beginning of the week.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #360
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
Not sure how much shipping is coming to for you, but 5 of those badges shipped to my address in Aus is only $8.50 AUD
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote