Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
gabriel2012

Drives: 2011 Base Sedan
how can I add a power lock switch?

Okay so I got a k9 mundial 4 alarm installed on my hb but the doors don't unlock all together when done by hand as they all lock/unlock with the remote(I'm sure its because the shop used 2 wire actuators instead of 5 wire)

so I'm looking for the Oem toyota switch that goes next to the parking brake( I don't know where to buy it, searched google and ebay)

along with instructions on how to install it with my existing power locks
Old 12-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The OEM switch part number is: 84930-52050

You would connect pin 6 to ground, pin 4 to the unlock output of your alarm and pin 5 to the lock output of your alarm.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
gabriel2012

sweet so I just need the switch and run some wiring? I'm trying to look for it online but cant find it, I will call the local dealer tomorrow and see how much they charge for it.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel2012 View Post
sweet so I just need the switch and run some wiring? I'm trying to look for it online but cant find it, I will call the local dealer tomorrow and see how much they charge for it.
Yes. The dealer list on it is about $35.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
gabriel2012

Called the dealer, asked for $70.00 USD... going to the junkyard next week to look for a yaris hb

Last edited by gabriel2012; 12-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.
gabriel2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel2012 View Post
Okay so I got a k9 mundial 4 alarm installed on my hb but the doors don't unlock all together when done by hand as they all lock/unlock with the remote(I'm sure its because the shop used 2 wire actuators instead of 5 wire)

Yaris is regular negative double pulse, not 5 wire, the difference would have been using SPDT relays to make it work, not different actuators.

Based on the symptoms you described, what is the most likely cause is that they tapped in to arm/disarm wires instead of using the lock/unlock wires. When using a DMM, the arm/disarm wires would have displayed the same characteristics as the lock/unlock wires. In the yaris, you can pulse the arm/disarm and it will lock/unlock. The wires need to be moved to the lock/unlock, and need to be programmed for double pulse. Save money on stuff you don't need, and take it back to have them do it properly. In the event that they don't have access to techdocs or directechs, then let me know, and I will send you the proper wiring diagram when I get to work on Monday.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
gabriel2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
Yaris is regular negative double pulse, not 5 wire, the difference would have been using SPDT relays to make it work, not different actuators.

Based on the symptoms you described, what is the most likely cause is that they tapped in to arm/disarm wires instead of using the lock/unlock wires. When using a DMM, the arm/disarm wires would have displayed the same characteristics as the lock/unlock wires. In the yaris, you can pulse the arm/disarm and it will lock/unlock. The wires need to be moved to the lock/unlock, and need to be programmed for double pulse. Save money on stuff you don't need, and take it back to have them do it properly. In the event that they don't have access to techdocs or directechs, then let me know, and I will send you the proper wiring diagram when I get to work on Monday.
Thanks for your input, basically this alarm has programmable functions. by double pulse you mean press once for driver's door and twice for the rest?

if so the alarm has this programmable feature

edti heres what the manual says

Double Unlock Pulse: (On / •Off) - Configures system to change the single unlock
output pulse into a double pulse. Some vehicles require a double pulse to unlock the doors;
when needed this feature saves the expense of optional parts.

the feature is currently off, do I turn it on?

Last edited by gabriel2012; 01-01-2011 at 12:06 AM.
gabriel2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

From your initial post, your actuators are aftermarket, not OEM, so the double pulse doesn't apply.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
gabriel2012

ah okay thanks scott
Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
From your initial post, your actuators are aftermarket, not OEM, so the double pulse doesn't apply.
I'm not quite sure how you got that conclusion, but you're right if he does indeed have aftermarket pdl. (but you already knew that.)

I still think they hooked it up wrong.

And so that you have the knowledge, Gabriel, some locks can use a double pulse, meaning you don't have to push the button twice.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
gabriel2012

Got it, thanks for the details, right now I only press it once and both doors unlock.

And yes the actuators are not oem since I have a base yaris with power nothing :(