Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #199
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
Quote:
Originally Posted by p123456789 View Post
The parts he's replaced have nothing to do with rental abuse. But I agree with you if you take the risk and buy a rental car at a huge discount expect to have to put some money into it sooner or later.
Seriously? The cam positioning sensor has NOTHING to do with rental abuse? I want to rent cars to you then, cause everyone I know who has ever rented a car drives it like mad, and any rental rockets a dealer takes in prices them less for a REASON. The cams are one of the first things to go on an abused car. I think he got lucky it has only been these few things. Seriously, get some engine and fuel system cleaners, and change ALL the fluids if you ever get the chance. People are SUPER hard on rentals. We have even taken in rentals we couldn't keep because there was so much wrong with them.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #200
mkaresh

Drives: Mazda Protege5
We have updated results for the Yaris to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall of next year. Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: no repairs reported yet, 18 participants

2009: 7

2008: 3

2007: 17

All are very low, and much better than average.

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

In the case of the Yaris, the percentage with no repairs is about 88 for the 2007 and 96 for the 2008, and the percentage of lemons is less than one for both years.

Toyota Yaris Lemon-odds and Nada-odds

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and provide all three stats for all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Toyota Yaris reliability ratings and comparisons
Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #201
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
mkaresh,

Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed with how our beloved Yarii are doing! I have been a TrueDelta survey responder for quite sometime now and am very glad to be a part of it. You are doing a great job and providing very valuable and interesting data. Keep up the good work!

To anyone who is not participating I highly recommend it. It will take very little of your time and help provide valuable real world data in regards to reliability. Participants get access to the data collected so you can see how all the different model cars stack up.

R2
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #202
mkaresh

We have some new pages that display all reported repairs by problem area:

2007 Toyota Yaris problem reports

From this page it's possible to select a different model year or specify a problem area.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #203
mkaresh

We have updated results for the Yaris to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since last April until the summer or even fall of this year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 7

2009: 19

2008: 14

2007: 18

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds," to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop.

In the case of the Yaris, the percentage with no repairs is about 88 for the 2007, and the percentage of lemons is less than one.

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and provide all three stats for all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help provide this information:

Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #204
barebonedvitz
return of the comeback

Drives: white '08LB..very nice,i like
i don't know if this has been posted already...

i used to have an '07 yaris (got totalled 2 years ago)--it died at 167,500 miles... never had any problems at all... just changed fluids regularly and upgraded my suspension to Tein coilovers... i was due for my FIRST change of brakes before getting totalled haha..

i love these cars.. i don't mind getting another one

*edit: This Yaris has gone thru 2 REAL bad accidents... it was so bad, i had no clue why my insurance didn't total it the first time...

93 Civic Si- SC/B18B1 - street beast
07 Red/BlackTop Yaris LB - died in a sandwich in 2010@168K.
08 White Yaris LB - daily beatnut...round 2!
barebonedvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #205
mkaresh

We have updated our car reliability stats for the Yaris to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

2010: 23

2009: 18

2008: 14

2007: 18

In the case of the 2007 Yaris, the percentage with no repairs is about 85, and the percentage of lemons is less than one.

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and provide all three stats for all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #206
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
31,ooo still runs new.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #207
mkaresh

We have updated results for the Yaris to include owner experiences through September 30, 2011.

2010: 34

2009: 12

2008: 17

2007: 30

All are better than average.

For the years with enough data:

2008: 100, < 1

2007: 77, < 1

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in February and May. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and provide all three stats for all model years.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #208
kelevra
2012 CBR1000RR Hoo Yaaa

Drives: 08 3 door Hatch
Just turned 30K. I had the front brake pads replaced as the car was sitting twice for over 6 months while I was uh, abroad. I change the oil/filter with Synthetic every 7000 miles and lube the door hinges and rotate the tires/general inspection as per the manual.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #209
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Huh. Were the brake pads worn out? Ive never heard of changing the brake pads because a car isnt driven for long periods of time.

OK OK! I'll be honest! For the life of me I dont know why one would do that. As long as I got pad Im not changing them!

But maybe there is someting I dont know?
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #210
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
EPIC RELIABILITY according to the current Yaris ads running on Canadian TV.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #211
joe keeney

Around 34000 no repairs run like the frist time. Its a grand slam better than Dennys.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #212
mkaresh

We have updated our reliability stats for the Yaris (on our redesigned site) to include owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

2010: 27

2009: no repairs reported, 24 cars - one short of the minimum for a full result

2008: 20

2007: 35

All are better than average.

For the years with enough data:

2008: 85, < 1

2007: 78, < 1

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and provide all three stats for all model years.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #213
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Only one major problem with my Yaris in 53,000 miles. The stock clutch was chattering badly at around 25,000 miles. The replaced it under warranty, I paid the difference for the TRD unit.

I did have the condenser replaced (also under warranty), and had them fix a few rattles. Other than that, the car has ran like a top since August of 2007.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #214
joe keeney

35,800 miles hard runnin never a problem, I think it repairs itself.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #215
zkay

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan 4-DR
I just wanted to thank you, michael, for putting your website up. It greatly influenced my decision to get a 2010 yaris sedan last friday.

Has 12k miles at this point, and I am signed up at the site to log any and all info about it.

Thanks again.
zkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #216
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe keeney View Post
35,800 miles hard running never a problem, I think it repairs itself.

Haha. At 121,000 repair free miles on mine, I'm beginning to believe that myself.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote