Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #253
carlosgil5

Drives: 2010 AT 5dr Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosgil5 View Post
PM sent.
After picking up the envelope you sent me, today my quest for CC continues.

It is clear for me that the lengthiest wire is the one that goes to the ECM (ECM pin 40-D3 connector).
One of the two short wires you sent me is for ground and there's another one that I don't know what it is for.

It's not been clear to me on vince87's DIY pdf all things related to D3 connector, One wire to the ECM, but about the other two, where do I plug the wires that connect in D3 ( the other end of the wires), if one is ground, what about the other. The small one that is not ground go from where to where?

Sorry if am asking dumb questions I just want to do this right.
carlosgil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #254
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosgil5 View Post
After picking up the envelope you sent me, today my quest for CC continues.

It is clear for me that the lengthiest wire is the one that goes to the ECM (ECM pin 40-D3 connector).
One of the two short wires you sent me is for ground and there's another one that I don't know what it is for.

It's not been clear to me on vince87's DIY pdf all things related to D3 connector, One wire to the ECM, but about the other two, where do I plug the wires that connect in D3 ( the other end of the wires), if one is ground, what about the other. The small one that is not ground go from where to where?

Sorry if am asking dumb questions I just want to do this right.

Rather than the Vince DIY, look at my DIY (link below), which is a bit more complete. Basically, you will connect the larger pin to the ECM, run a wire from it to the column area, stick the other two pins in the appropriate spaces in the spiral cable connector D3 (under the column), connect one to the wire to the ECM and the other to ground.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33750
Old 10-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #255
carlosgil5

I made the connections as per the images below.
Pin 40 fully seated at correct location.

Connection at D3 connector.

sadly no cruise, checked for voltage at the wire before reaching the A21 connector with the ignition switch in the ON position and the meter shows 0.00, no power at all.

Am sure the terminals are fully seated because clicked in to place, after unlatching the locking mechanisms.

Your DIY was very helpful, it is a very complete guide.

On the D3 connector pin #2 went to a bolt (ground), pin#1 was spliced to the yellow wire coming from the ECM connector.

how can I continue to troubleshoot my installation.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #256
CTScott
ULTIMATE

The no voltage on the A21 pin is definitely the issue. Are you absolutely sure that you are in the correct position on the ECM connector?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #257
carlosgil5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The no voltage on the A21 pin is definitely the issue. Are you absolutely sure that you are in the correct position on the ECM connector?
I unplugged the A21 connector and took a picture to show you the spot I placed the terminal (pin 40 I think), can you confirm if I plugged it in the right place? Note: this picture was rotated 180 degrees.

I also took a picture of the ECM pins, I could not see anything wrong as all the ECM pins where there. This picture was not rotated.

When I tested the wire for voltage, the connector was fully seated at the ECM and right where we can see the wires in the harness I poked the pin 40 wire and got nothing.

Also did a road test and confirmed it was not working.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #258
CTScott
ULTIMATE

If I see correctly, it is the one round hole, which is the correct location.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #259
red 5 door

Drives: red 5 door aotomatic
Cool

Thank you much for the info on the cc,i did the 2 switch mod last sat,works pro,thanks again,CTScott,my total cost was $7.00.ever up my way,beers are on me.
red 5 door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #260
thestranger

Drives: 09 3-door LB/MT
what's the difference between 84632-08021 and 84632-34011?
thestranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #261
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestranger View Post
what's the difference between 84632-08021 and 84632-34011?
I don't believe that there is any real difference. 84632-08021 is listed as a direct replacement for 84632-34011.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #262
Nicfin
Nic

Drives: 2008 3-Door Liftback Manual
Hi,

This is my first post. I recently bought a 2008 Yaris Liftback. It's a 5-speed. I would have preferred for my next vehicle to have already had cruise control installed, but the circumstances didn't allow it. I am now considering CTScott's OEM cruise control method. I have read over this thread more than once and feel I can do this. I am only apprehensive about one thing. Since I have the 5-speed, I have to tap into the wires in the under-hood fuse box for the clutch cancel. This requires splicing into two of the wires (white and blue). CTScott's instructions suggest a tap splice. I was hoping to get around to "Cutting" or altering of the existing wire. Has anyone used anything different like connecting them using a pin of some sort in the wire hole? I know my fears are irrational, but cutting into those little wires makes me nervous. Any help is appreciated.
Nicfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #263
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicfin View Post
Hi,

This is my first post. I recently bought a 2008 Yaris Liftback. It's a 5-speed. I would have preferred for my next vehicle to have already had cruise control installed, but the circumstances didn't allow it. I am now considering CTScott's OEM cruise control method. I have read over this thread more than once and feel I can do this. I am only apprehensive about one thing. Since I have the 5-speed, I have to tap into the wires in the under-hood fuse box for the clutch cancel. This requires splicing into two of the wires (white and blue). CTScott's instructions suggest a tap splice. I was hoping to get around to "Cutting" or altering of the existing wire. Has anyone used anything different like connecting them using a pin of some sort in the wire hole? I know my fears are irrational, but cutting into those little wires makes me nervous. Any help is appreciated.
I may actually have some male and female pins for the under-hood connector, which would allow you to make the connection without splicing.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #264
Nicfin
Nic

Drives: 2008 3-Door Liftback Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I may actually have some male and female pins for the under-hood connector, which would allow you to make the connection without splicing.
That would be great! I am not an electrician, but that is sort of what I had in mind. I would gladly pay you for them and any of the other supplies if you were willing. I have looked up some of the parts, but have not made any purchases yet. That makes me feel better about attempting this. Gotta go.

Thanks
Nicfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #265
camry09

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2010
Hey guys, going to bring this back from the dead, i have a 2010 Yaris going to be installing the CC hoping all the wires are there from D3 to Clockspring

My questions is about the stalk wiring

Here is what i picked up today at my local Junk yard ( 08 Scion TC)

My questions is about Wiring Color, i noticed that most of the kits they sell have red and black, so i just want to know where do the pins go according from the Stalk to the Clockspring

thank you in advance
camry09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #266
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry09 View Post
Hey guys, going to bring this back from the dead, i have a 2010 Yaris going to be installing the CC hoping all the wires are there from D3 to Clockspring

My questions is about the stalk wiring

Here is what i picked up today at my local Junk yard ( 08 Scion TC)

My questions is about Wiring Color, i noticed that most of the kits they sell have red and black, so i just want to know where do the pins go according from the Stalk to the Clockspring

thank you in advance

The orientation of the wires in your first photo is correct for the Yaris. Your horn wire would go in the empty hole under the white/black wire, or if you are plugging the stalk's wires into your clockspring connector, plug the white/black in under your blue horn wire and the black in next to the white/black.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #267
camry09

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2010
Thank you, i guess white/black is simply instead of the Red wire.
camry09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #268
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry09 View Post
Thank you, i guess white/black is simply instead of the Red wire.
Actually white/black is instead of black and black is instead of red.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #269
2greek4u

Drives: 2008 5HB LE
Scott, do you by any chance have anymore switches available?
2greek4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #270
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2greek4u View Post
Scott, do you by any chance have anymore switches available?
Yes.