Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #19
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
wow $11000 to fix a tranny.. yikes.. now i need to lease a mini..lolz.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #20
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Hyundai Genesis = more bang for the buck IMO, and doesn't carry the "hairdresser" stigma of a convertible ;)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #21
marcus
toyota

yah i did post the genesis vs toyobaru.. but wanting a convertable thats quick and good on gas.. *sigh*
Old 06-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #22
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
yah i did post the genesis vs toyobaru.. but wanting a convertable thats quick and good on gas.. *sigh*
mazdaspeed miata (mx5)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #23
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
So Tamago - do you not like convertibles in general or just the Mini convertible?
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #24
marcus
toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
mazdaspeed miata (mx5)
oooooo ur right mazdaspeed miata..but i dont think they sell that here.. do they?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
So Tamago - do you not like convertibles in general or just the Mini convertible?
the convertible has its place.

a mini convertible is just awful to drive in comparison to it's hardtop brother (the way the car was DESIGNED)

if a car is DESIGNED to be a convertible, not retrofitted AFTER the fact, i think it can be a decent car, such as the Elise and MX5
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #26
Altitude

Quote:
the convertible has its place.

a mini convertible is just awful to drive in comparison to it's hardtop brother (the way the car was DESIGNED)

if a car is DESIGNED to be a convertible, not retrofitted AFTER the fact, i think it can be a decent car, such as the Elise and MX5
Heh. Cool. For a moment I thought you didn't like the fact that it messes up your hair

My sister drives a mini convertible and while I haven't driven either model I'm not so sure I get how it's more awful to drive than a hard top.

All I know is it doesn't get much better than a sunny day with my Wrangler top down
Old 06-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #27
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Heh. Cool. For a moment I thought you didn't like the fact that it messes up your hair
who, me? hair?

Quote:
My sister drives a mini convertible and while I haven't driven either model I'm not so sure I get how it's more awful to drive than a hard top.

All I know is it doesn't get much better than a sunny day with my Wrangler top down

btw "hairdresser's car" refers to a car for.. those not hetero.
you nailed it sir.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #28
Altitude

Quote:
who, me? hair?

btw "hairdresser's car" refers to a car for.. those not hetero.
Ah - the "gay car" thing - I see.

We need to have a caption contest for that pic!

Here's my vote - "Go ahead, ask me a stupid question..."

btw - got my spacers last Friday - haven't had a chance to put them on yet but will post in the approriate thread when I do. Thanks again for those - makes me happy.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #29
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Question: Why would you trade the Yaris in?

Answer: Because you want to get screwed by the stealership.
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #30
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Mini FTW.... I would do it in a heartbeat
Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #31
marcus
toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
Question: Why would you trade the Yaris in?

Answer: Because you want to get screwed by the stealership.
i havent seen any decent dealership that wont screw you up where the morning dont shine. even with my yaris i got screw for getting something i didnt have too..so go figure. if you dont want to get screwed then dont buy a car. steal one insted.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #32
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
Actually I think most Yaris owners would like a Mini for the better handling and performance, with similar gas milage, but as the others have said repair and maintainence on the things is really expensive. You can buy new or aftermarket parts for a Yaris cheaply, many of which are interchangable with hundreds of thousands of Toyotas. The Mini was originally designed for a more premium european customer, where gas is more expensive and the people buying them are rather well to do and more in mind of mind paying for expensive repairs. I also would be interested in what will happen to parts prices and availability in current market, with many of the small parts suppliers going under, and the long term market viability of the Mini itself with so many vehicle builders going out of business. If it wasn't for these problems, I believe I might try to make the stretch for a Mini myself.

Last edited by Bob Dog; 06-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #33
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
I thought about trading in the Yaris someday for a hardtop Cooper S, then I decided I'd much rather think about a Volvo C30 R

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #34
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
After reading all your posts now I'm questioning why you want the Mini. Is this something you've wanted for awhile or something spur of the moment? I desperately wanted my GTO but I looked for one for over 2 years before I found the right one at the right time. Don't be too quick to decide on something expensive. :)
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #35
marcus
toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
After reading all your posts now I'm questioning why you want the Mini. Is this something you've wanted for awhile or something spur of the moment? I desperately wanted my GTO but I looked for one for over 2 years before I found the right one at the right time. Don't be too quick to decide on something expensive. :)
something recent..now im thinking maybe ill just get a studebaker ..lolz
im sure this will pass by..all the post helped a lot for me to maybe just keep the yaris for now but well see.... damn this midlife crisis..!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #36
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
I'd much rather have the Volvo over the Mini, and when the '04 GTO finally got released I wanted one, and waited until late '05 to get a new '05 GTO because it was a red tag sale (over 4k off) ...enjoyed the high quality and power, but didn't like it's nearly 4,000 lb pig feeling when I braked or hit a twisty, plus gas was high at the time and I had to run 93 octane because of the tune and mods. I've always liked quality, and have never spent this small amount of $$$ on a new car, unless you coun't the '83 Prelude (it was $12,500.00) so I plan on keeping the Yaris for a couple more years, but the C30 is closer to what I'll look for the next time.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote