Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Thumbs up My new sub/amp install

So I got my sub/amp yesterday. It's the Infinity Basslink model. And let me tell you, in a Yaris, this thing pounds. What I love about it, is I can shake my insides with it but if you're on the outside of the car with all the windows up, you can barely hear a thing I don't want to be setting off other people's car alarms with my bass

As for the install, this was my first. I took my time and thought it out before hand. Low and behold, I did a better job than the Bestbuy guy did on my last install and in less time!

The combo that I had before, that got stolen during the break-in, was a Sony 800w amp with a Sony Xplod 10" 800w sub. This 200w Basslink definitely meets, if not surpasses the performance. It's a dual coiled sub so there's one on either side of it. It also came with a wired remote sub control. I have it tucked away right underneath the steering wheel just behind that flap of plastic that flips down. So it's hidden but I can easily reach it with my fingers to adjust it It also comes with brackets to secure it inside the trunk so I have it screwed into the carpet. No more "THUD" when cutting sharp turns or making quick stops.

I don't have any pictures right yet but I'll take some maybe today and post them in after. It's funny how doing mods yourself gives you new appreciation for your car. I love my little Yaris

Up next: Sound deadening? Really want to make it sound more solid
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
awdblazer

Drives: 1998 toyota rav4
post pics or it didnt happen
awdblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdblazer View Post
post pics or it didnt happen
+1
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Patience people... I work two jobs and I had to do laundry yesterday =P I'll get some taken later today. *add blackberry calendar reminder*
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Was looking for threads on sound deadening and came upon this one.

I guess it didn't happen.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
It's a dual coiled sub so there's one on either side of it.
That's not what dual voice coil means. Also, you could have added a remote to your other amp if you wanted for about $15. Either way, it's a moot point, since none of this ever went down.

Theoretically speaking though, those basslinks are pretty sweet for somebody looking for quick, easy and decent bass.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

For me being such an advocate of using BlackBerry, I should start using reminders more often. I'll get some shots after work today

As for the dual voice coil thing... I just read what it really is. BUT my sub actually does have what seems to be a "cone" on either side of it. It's this one here...
http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/p.../hot_news.aspx

*sets reminder in BlackBerry calendar*
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
if there are two cones, that doesn't make it Dual Voice coil... Most likely what you have is one of the following...
1: Two subs in an isobaric chamber which means the way they are wired allows them to work in a MUCH smaller box than normal.
2: Passive radiator.... it's how you get a ported box, in the size of a large sealed box. You add basically a sub... withouth voice coils... it just sits and moves to the music/pressure and makes the sub perform as if it were in a ported box.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
if there are two cones, that doesn't make it Dual Voice coil... Most likely what you have is one of the following...
1: Two subs in an isobaric chamber which means the way they are wired allows them to work in a MUCH smaller box than normal.
2: Passive radiator.... it's how you get a ported box, in the size of a large sealed box. You add basically a sub... withouth voice coils... it just sits and moves to the music/pressure and makes the sub perform as if it were in a ported box.
Ahhhh k.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Here she be in the trunk.
It's been raining all day yesterday so I didn't want to take things apart to show the rest. When I get some good weather, I'll get shots of the whole thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00001-20100419-1824.jpg (143.8 KB, 106 views)