Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
SoloPerformance.com

I got a $100 gift card to SoloPerformance.com.

obviously going to be getting new magnets..

Debating between the 5 pt harness http://soloperformance.com/Pyrotect-...s_p_10437.html
If I get the harness, I will have to purchase a harness bar. what do you guys think about those harness bars on ebay?

or some sparco shoes.. http://soloperformance.com/Sparco-Ra...oes_c_438.html

only other thing would be brake pads, but gotta call for them. If you think I should get better pads then the OEM, brand and type please. Keep in mind. I am autocrossing, not tracking this year. so I dont want brakes that need to be heated for optimal braking. Need something that grabs even in the cold

Suggestions and comments more than welcome
Old 01-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
harness is a waste of money there only good for 3 or so years before they have to be replaced, the shoes are nice but some people prefer tennies over racing shoes...I'm not one of them but thats a subjective thing. If it were me i'd go for new pads and get some porterfield R1S. I bought Hawk pads only because I was being cheap.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Thanks xnamerxx. Ill prob go that route. Only reason i want a harness if for my sparco seat being lower. Oem Belt is digging into my neck if im not wearing a collared shirt.