Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-04-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
davembfan

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
strange sound when i begin to accellerate?

I have a auto sedan yaris, when i first turn the car on and put it into drive, as soon as i hit the gas I hear something that sounds like pressureized air releasing. almost sounds like a blowoff valve but not as pronounced. I noticed someone else heard it from outside my car and looked at it like wtf was that. just wonderring if its normal and if so what is it? never had any cars that did this...
thanks!
davembfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Unless it was a common problem one of the Toyota techs have a clue about, you'd probably have to take something like that to the dealership. You do have a warranty.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Is it only when you put it into drive first time of the day? Does it also happen if you have driven, gone into a store, etc., and then come back out and started/put in drive?

Is your A/C on/off at these times?

Hopefully it is always consistent which will help the techs determine if there is an issue. Let us know what happens.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #4
davembfan

It's just about everytime I start the car. Doesent have to be the first time of the day. I didnt think it was a problem I just assumed all yarii did it. I havent really checked but im pretty sure it does it whether or not my A/C is on also. I already have an appointment for the dealership to repaint the car, apparently the clear coat wasnt applied correctly and i have big gas streaks going down my car from where the clear coat didnt protect the paint. Should I mention it to it then, or should I make it a seperate case. i'd hate to go in there with something like this if it's normal and they start to think im crazy.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
it doesn't sound normal to me. i'd make a case about it. the rear end is creaking on our but i wasn't able to duplicate it when i was in the dealership last time so they just made a note of it in my file. that's incase something comes up later on, it's on paper that i had made a complaint about it.

It's all C.Y.A. when it comes to dealerships and warranties.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
We have a Toyota SUV with an automatic transmission which does the same sound, I think, a kind of spinning-down whirring noise. Been doing it since we have it, almost 2 years now, dealership said it was normal, nothing to worry about, and so far, so good...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
davembfan

No its not like that, its like air releasing or something. like you know when a big rig stops and you hear the loud sound of air releasing from the air brakes... its like that but not as pronounced... only as soon as i accellerate though and right after I turn my car on.... Also I do hear a slight whining/whirling noise all the time when I accelerate, and when I go into reverse when the engine is cold the whole front rumbles... should I just go to them with all this?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #8
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
One suggestion while they are repainting, go to another new auto Yaris on the lot. Ask for the key and see if this Yaris does the same thing.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
do you have anti lock brakes they can make a weird noise when you first start it up
oem style foglights
96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto
Weathertech vent visors
Scan GaugeII
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
i know the noise he is talking about .. this noise increase when you have a CAI .. its the air going to the motor that sound like this
OxyG3nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #11
Carvin'07
Selling all mods

Drives: '07 Bayou Blue - totally stock
I agree with OxyG3nE. The stock Yaris has a non-resonated air intake, so the intake 'breath' at acceleration is louder than other cars.

Toyota CD player (mint) for sale see thread in For Sale section
Carvin'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #12
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
It's a little motor, so maybe it's wheezing.

~YR