Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
theman
Dude wheres my Yaris ???

Drives: 99 Accord
Anyone getting a Yaris soon ?

So whoose getting a Yaris this year? I can say I already spoke to the dealer and he thinks there will be enough of them preordered from the dealership that we can just walk in the day they arrive and pick one up. i'll probably be getting a black 3-door myself
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
avenno2g7

Old 01-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
have ours for about 2 months now.
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman
So whoose getting a Yaris this year? I can say I already spoke to the dealer and he thinks there will be enough of them preordered from the dealership that we can just walk in the day they arrive and pick one up. i'll probably be getting a black 3-door myself
I'd pre-order if I were you...

Most Canadians who are driving around their Yaris with the options they wanted, ordered their's months before the launch of the car back in October. (I ordered mine in July)

Many people up here have had to wait two months minimum or more to get the car they want. The new Yaris was just launched in Canada, then in the UK and Australia, and now in the US, not to mention it has been the top selling Toyota in Japan since it was introduced in Feb 05 (Vitz).

There will be very limited numbers to start with, so certain packages will ultimately be pre-sold and in short supply...

Cheers
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:32 PM   #5
wushumasterku

Drives: 06 White LE HB 5spd
i waited 1.5 month for mine to arrive.. (toronto)
Old 01-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I put my deposit down in mid-Sept 05 and got the car in mid-Nov 05. What a wait?
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
VitzBoy
Administrator

Drives: Yaris
Did most of you guys custom order your specifications? I guess that's the reason for the 1-3 month wait?
VitzBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #8
swng

I ordered a silver mica 3-dr auto RS. In addition, I bought a centre armrest, an anti-theft alarm with an immobilizer and an automatic dimming rear view mirror with a compass. However, those were not the reasons for the wait. The dealer could hardly get me a car even if I said any Yaris would do. There were already too may back orders at the time I made up my mind.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #9
wushumasterku

Drives: 06 White LE HB 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitzBoy
Did most of you guys custom order your specifications? I guess that's the reason for the 1-3 month wait?
yea, it was tough find stock for the option i wanted.. LE 5spd b backage white.. there was none available so they have to wait for next shipment.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #10
Mess11

Drives: Civic
Argh you luck Canadians. Curious why they decided to make the car available in Canada first and then the US a year later? Was it to test the market in north america before committing to US?
Mess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:44 PM   #11
kralmrax

Drives: 06 yaris rs
wait time

i had to order my 3 door yaris rs at the dealership and i am still waiting patiently. it's been about a month now. they say it's coming directly from japan, and it's about one week behind the original ETA they gave me. i could have settled for another yaris, but to get the specific one you want, you will probably have to wait a little while.
kralmrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #12
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess11
Argh you luck Canadians. Curious why they decided to make the car available in Canada first and then the US a year later? Was it to test the market in north america before committing to US?
In Canada, we had the Gen 1 Yaris liftback, badged Echo hatchback, for 2004, 2005 whereas in the US you never got the Gen 1 liftback, most likely because it would have interfered with the launch of Scion...

Production was stopped for the Gen 1 in Japan, so the Gen 2 Yaris liftback was no surprise for us since we already had it's predecessor...The new Yaris was released in Japan (as the Vitz) in February 2005...

Last edited by echo_hrs; 01-15-2006 at 01:21 AM.
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:15 AM   #13
brush

Drives: Blazing Blue RS 4 dr 5 speed
I order my Yaris 3 days after the official launch here in Canada. I wanted to see the colours in real life to make my final decision on that choice. The car was ordered on October 20th, built on the 26th and delivered to me on November 29th, with all the dealer installed options. First car I ever ordered and glad that I did. The sales person did tell me that to get the options and colour choice I wanted, I would need to order as the cars are in short supply. So, I guess the sooner you make your choice and put your deposit down, the better.
brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #14
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Thanks for the info.. Good point. The yaris might just be in short supply if so many are preordered. Guess i'll have to go down to my toyota dealership and preorder one myself.

Prepost, just went to my dealership and ordered one. From what my dealer guy mentioned. To really get the one you want you almost have to preorder. That there will be a very limited amount shipped this year.

On another subject. They're backed up with priuses because the gas prices went down a bit. So anyone who wants a prius they have like 5 of them sitting at the dealership in kalispell montana. Thier phone number is 406-755-6060.

Last edited by foober; 01-31-2006 at 03:29 PM.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #15
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
We can only hope the US dealerships are preordered like Canada's are. I tend to doubt it though. Canadians understand that small cars are good. Americans don't get that yet.

As for why Canada received it first, the Scion argument is a good one. I'd also put forth that since Toyota knew Canada was going to love it, they'd get that backlog out of the way first.

We as people who like the Yaris can only hope it sells as well in the US as it does in Canada.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #16
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Hi all,

As funny as it seems, when I ordered the white 5 doors with auto and air/con, the dealer said I might have to wait for months before it arrive, (my Yaris06) then last week (waited about 2 weeks or so), I got my new car!!!! Dealer said there were only 6 of them in Canada (white 5 dr). Tho, you never know if he is just tryin' to make me happy. However, when I drove to downtown Toronto, there were like 40 echos and less than 4 Yaris (Including mine).

Ziv on Vitz.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:00 PM   #17
swng

Congratulations! Your wait is over. Enjoy!
Don't forget to post at the Fuel Economy Thread!