Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #19
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
woohoo i'm so glad you're gonna get a new car. wonder what they're gonna do with that damaged yaris.
Thanks sherryberry!

I hope they use it as a demo and don't try to sell it to someone, because in a year or two, that car is going to be covered in rust specks.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #20
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Why would they use a paint damaged car as a demo?!?!?! Don't you think if you saw the damage, other potential buyers will too?!?!
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #21
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Congratulations voodoo22! Glad to hear this got resolved
Old 07-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #22
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Is this what they mean by a "happy ending"?
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
What I didn't tell you is that all the people I dealt with (Salesrep, Service Manager, and Collision centre tech); except for the manager; were Japanese. I come from Western Canada and I find the standards of service in the GTA to be abhorrent. I am German Canadian. I have been lucky enough to have gone to Japan. The Japanese people give amazing service, far beyond anything I have every experienced and in Japan there is no such thing as a tip. There is no space on the bill for a tip in any circumstance. I feel that I was really lucky to have dealt with all Japanese people in this experience. I can't believe how quickly and fairly they resolved our problem.
I'm glad all worked out well for you! You were so lucky to have met with Japanese to discuss the problem with your Yaris.

I lived and worked in Japan for 6 years, and I can attest to the fact that customer service is first class everywhere, everytime, without exception; there is never any confrontation or hint of a negative attitude; and all are motivated to arrive at a satisfactory win win resolution quickly.

Sadly, Americans (and Canadians) haven't got a clue...
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #24
indyyaris

Drives: wanting LB
can people post close-up pictures of their paint-chipped yarii?
indyyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #25
clayky

Drives: '07 Yaris S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
What colors do you guys that have/had paint problems have?

I'm beginning to think the sedans and LBs have different paint jobs. Mine's great after 11k and I have lots of hwy miles....just got it in January.
clayky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:34 AM   #26
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
One thing I noticed on my yaris is along the sides of the car under the door that ~4 inches of metal the paint is...weird looking. Like, the rest of the paint is smooth, but that part LOOKS bumpy, but it's not when I run my hand along it. At least not that I remember.

I asked a couple of my car friends and they said that's normal because it's got some different paint that helps to prevent corrosion and stuff. So I don't worry about it. Other than that I don't *think* I have any pain chips, but I don't really inspect my car every day lol. I just get in and get out.
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #27
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
thats great to know ur gettin a new one!!! sweet as....

but this thing shouldnt happen in the 1st place.......

what colour did u get btw?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #28
RocknRollRon

Drives: '07 Yaris LB, White (The Egg)
Mine's Polar White and should hide defects well (Ive owned other white vehicles). I've had mine 2 months and 5,000 miles and have only seen a few minor blemishes in the nose area, one small stone chip, and removed a gazillion dead bugs...BUT the harsh NJ winter anf road salt test is coming...

don't stress...after all there are much worse things that could happen and hopefully won't!

RocknRollRon
RocknRollRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #29
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Where the "Damage" you mentioned was, passenger side (low) and rear leads me to think your car was on the lower level, rear position on the transport truck. This is why you see high-end cars delivered in an enclosed trailer. I worked for a company that delivered new BMWs and Mercedes. Also a few Porsches and Volvos. They will be delivered open sometimes to a dealer but the didn't make the whole ride open. They got dropped in a holding yard or similiar close by.

Looks like your car COULD of been the victim of crap that gets tossed up off the shoulder. It's a virtual sandblaster on that side with the debris that gets kicked up. And being POSSIBLY on the tail end, now you get the vortec of dirty air swirling around. Ever see how dirty your back end of the car gets after a rain storm or how caked it get with snow and slush, same dirty air. I drive truck and pull two trailers, the rear trailer door is almost impossible to open if you've been driving in the snow or slush for a long period of time. Always stopping to chip ice and crud off the taillights.

Maybe that was the cause and the lot guy just passed it off.
With the high-end cars, everything went through inspection before they signed for the car. Inside under lighted conditions. I've returned a few due to the slightest imperfection.

Glad to hear everything worked out.

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #30
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by naossoan View Post
One thing I noticed on my yaris is along the sides of the car under the door that ~4 inches of metal the paint is...weird looking. Like, the rest of the paint is smooth, but that part LOOKS bumpy, but it's not when I run my hand along it. At least not that I remember.

I asked a couple of my car friends and they said that's normal because it's got some different paint that helps to prevent corrosion and stuff. So I don't worry about it. Other than that I don't *think* I have any pain chips, but I don't really inspect my car every day lol. I just get in and get out.
yeah that's quite normal now. My bf's vw rabbit also has that.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #31
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
[QUOTE=naossoan;117330]One thing I noticed on my yaris is along the sides of the car under the door that ~4 inches of metal the paint is...weird looking. Like, the rest of the paint is smooth, but that part LOOKS bumpy, but it's not when I run my hand along it. At least not that I remember.

that stuff that looks bumpy is a rock chip protectant that toyota puts on rocker panels to protect the paint most US car MFG'ers don't use it . my has it also .. It's a good thing soo don't worry about it !
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #32
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
thats great to know ur gettin a new one!!! sweet as....

but this thing shouldnt happen in the 1st place.......

what colour did u get btw?
We have Pacific Blue.

The replacement car is quite noticably darker than the origianl, but we still like it's looks.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote