Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
CrimsonMuD

Drives: 2007 2 Door Blue Yaris
Toyota 2007 Liftback Removal of Dashboard

Hey everyone, I had a question here. I haven't really messed around too much with my car, its a 2 door 2007 Liftback, but I've got a problem. The 3 knobs in the center(A/C knobs) have been kicked in due to some.... Front seat fun.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anywho.... I'd like to be able to fix it, the top one I can pull through and it snaps in but can be knocked out fairly easily. The middle one isn't really messed up, but it is a lil crooked. And the bottom one is the tough one, I can't pull it through, and its a pain to change the temperature because of it. Now I'm not too sure how I can get around it and push the 3 knobs back in place and glue? them back like they were. I've tried under the steering wheel, and under the passenger pocket, but there's alot in the way and I fear breaking anything. Any help you guys can provide? Perhaps someone has already uploaded a way to take out the plastic covering that I cant find? I searched the DIY stickies, which is how I knew to take out the stuff under the steering wheel and the passenger pocket.
CrimsonMuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Just pull off the two vertical black pieces along the sides (get your fingertips under the edge by the bottom and pull outward). Once you pull them off, the silver part that the knobs mount to just pulls out. If you broke the mounting tabs for the controls, you may have to glue them in place.

Next time move it to the back seat - less to damage back there.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
CrimsonMuD

Hey thanks alot Scott! Looks like the plastic edges broke on the knob so it doesn't snap in. Looks like I'm going to have to get a new one of those, but otherwise everything looks great, thanks again Scott you helped alot. I thought Id be breaking stuff pulling on the plastic like that haha.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
CrimsonMuD

Hey thanks alot Scott! Looks like the plastic edges broke on the knob so it doesn't snap in. Looks like I'm going to have to get a new one of those, but otherwise everything looks great, thanks again Scott you helped alot. I thought Id be breaking stuff pulling on the plastic like that haha. Looks like I'll be keeping to the small backseat from now on >.<