Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Francos Yaris

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan
Question Fog Light Switch

I bought and installed the fog light kit from micro image. Long story short, im stupid and broke the button that turns them on, and it no longer works. My question is i have my own toggle switch that was used for something else but its no longer used. If i where to cut the connecter off the wire harness would i be able to solder the wires to the toggle, and would it work?

Picture of the toggle in question...

Its got 4 prongs on it
Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Francos Yaris

Anybody have an idea? I would like to actually be able to use the fogs i put in. They worked for 4 hours before i broke the switch...
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It looks like the switch has two terminals for switching and two for the light. You can simply wire the switch terminals to pins 3 and 4 of the headlight stalk connector to have the switch turn the fogs on.

For the light power, under the dash you can use the dimmer rheostat connector. The light green wire is - and the brown wire is +.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
Francos Yaris

Sorry for seeming stupid here, but that just confused the hell out of me.. Im a newbie when it comes to car electrical...

Tags
fog, light, switch