Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
zrwon

Drives: 07 5 door hatchback
ABS sensor replace without hub

I have been reading for 2 days on ABS wheel speed sensor but it’s always about warranty and complaining about Toyota should recall or the sensor can only be replaced with the hub assembly but the truth is that sensor is available without the hub assembly but I cannot find any write up on how to remove one and install a new one.
Is there anyone who ever attempted to replace a sensor without replacing the entire hub assembly? I know the hub has to be removed and I bought a sensor for $20 brand new and I intend to replace it without the hub bearing assembly.

I’m just trying to find information on how to do it, I have a shop press if needed but I would love to read a write up on how to do it.

If not then I will have to make a DIY myself and add it to this forum.

Thank you
Al
zrwon is offline   Reply With Quote