Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Pics of Recaro SRD's installed...

2x Recaro SRD
2x Recaro Height-Adjustable Sliders
2x Wedge Engineering custom SRD seat brackets w/ seat belt brackets

And one more for the purists that won't run the fake stuff...

I know someone is going to ask about the air bag sensors so I'll explain now... the weight sensors in the passenger seat were not installed in the new seats yet. I removed the harness for the four sensors but removing the sensors themselves is a pain in the ass. I'll get to it later unless I can find out how to wire the passenger airbag for "always on full blast" mode.

The seats feel great and fit perfectly. The amount of hold this seat offers is excellent for a recliner. I like that I don't have to sacrifice comfort/convenience for better performance, especially since this car spends 99% of the time on streets and not the track. They aren't that light compared to stock though. With the heavy steel brackets and sliders, the total package only saves about 3 lbs per side. The height is at the tallest setting on the height-adjustable sliders but the seats still sit a few inches lower than stock. With the TWM short shifter, the shift lever as well as the pedals are lined up perfectly for the driver now (or me at least) due to the lower stance. The steering wheel is a bit high now even on its lowest setting... I need to figure out a fix for this. Oh, and the looks speak for itself, but I'll say it anyway. They look bad ass!
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote