Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
July 2009 - DFW Yaris Yak

Howdy folks,

It's that time again. We need to figure out what we're doing and where we're doing it this month. Let's pick somewhere safe please so I don't have to worry about getting side-swiped by any errant Cadillacs.

July 4th & 5th:
- 4th: Obviously a big party weekend and short notice so it might not work well.
- 5th: http://www.autocross.com/er/equipera...?op=show&id=18 - Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 Mineral Wells Air Park - Mineral Wells, TX (autocross). I'm going to try and make it out there but it depends on if I have my car or a rental. I believe LazerDot is going to be there and I think LRR is going as well but I don't know for sure.

July 11th & 12th: No holidays this weekend.
- 11th: open
- 12th: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...725#post341725 - Gulf Greyhound Park Drift Event. I'm going, LRR is going and everyone else is invited. More info at http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/for...hp?topic=934.0

July 18th & 19th: No holidays this weekend.

July 25th & 26th: No holidays this weekend.
- 25th: Open
- 26th: http://www.autocross.com/er/equipera...?op=show&id=19 - Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #5 - Pennington Field - Bedford, TX (autocross). I'm should be going to this but I'm not certain yet.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
How about the 26th? I'll be at the AX anyway and maybe more will join in. There are plenty of places around to grab some food later in the afternoon. I'm hoping you and LRR will do the AX too...
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I already told my employer (AKA grandma and grandpa) that I will not be here for the 26th I will be in the DFW area that weekend (for the auto-x). I will be racing for sure this weekend at mineral wells. Hopfully others will come race or just come hang out and watch. I believe I saw in the June Yaris Yak user name gokart ride said he lived in Arlington maybe he will see this and come even though its pretty far out possible even wildmongoose might come so we can see a 5 door up close?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
I'm an anti-social curmudeon who don't get out much....but other than that I'm loads of fun!!!
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Lazerdot

you don't need to be social, just bring food money... Try to make it, AX is fun.
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

I'm coming to the AX on the 5th, either with my car or a rental. If I have my car then I'll race but I'll have to see how comfortable I am with racing if I get a rental. I'll be there for the 16th as well. I'll be bringing a friend with me, a case of water, ice and a cooler. The water's free for us to stay cool and hydrated.

And so just to recount, the confirmed attendees for the 26th are:
Lazerdot
LittleRedRocket
SaerinRhoe (myself)

Gokartride? Can we count you in?

S.R.

Last edited by SaerinRhoe; 07-02-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

^ What's on the 16th?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Aw hell.... 16th = 26th, my bad.

- 26th: http://www.autocross.com/er/equipera...?op=show&id=19 - Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #5 - Pennington Field - Bedford, TX (autocross). I'm should be going to this but I'm not certain yet.

S.R.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I will be. I have they given you a rental yet? Another FORD? HAHAHA
Old 07-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
gokartride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaerinRhoe View Post
Gokartride? Can we count you in?
Sorry...no. I'll be traversing the streets of Arlington as usual.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
gokartride

So, in relation to get-togethers...what quadrants of the Metromess does everybody hail from???

I live just north of Don Davis Toyota in Arlington...north of Six Flags and the Ballpark. I dine (every day...sometimes more) at Estella's...Arkansas Lane in Arlington. Great mexican food, tacos. I ride the mighty Trinity Railway Express into downtown Dallas each day and work in the FountainPlace building (the glass one w/ the big pointed roof). Unfortunately, I am sans Yaris when I am at the office!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I live just south of Fort Worth but now I am working for my grandparents between Houston and San An. Just North of I-10. If y'all want me to attend the next Yaris Yak it will defineatly have to be the weekend of the 25th-26th when I'm back in town.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

So far, no rental yet and the insurance company has yet to do anything except tell me that they're trying to contact their insured. They did confirm that the driver is covered on the insurance policy so that's good.

I'm going to call them when I go on lunch and get some info from them. I'm not happy with how long this is taking.

S.R.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #14
Lazerdot

Thats to bad. Makes me wonder which company the other driver is with. What would they do if you couldn't drive the car?

Keep us posted.

The YY on the 26th will hopefully bring in a couple new folks. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out for the AX. You guys with your noisy exhaust might get some extra notice...
Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

@gokart... I live in Garland and work in Plano.

The owner of the other car has their insurance through Fred Loya. An appraiser called me today and made an appointment with me to have their appraisal rep come out and look at the car. They didn't know what time they'd be out to my work but supposedly their coming.

I called the adjuster back and asked if this meant that they'd talked to the kid who was driving the car and she said that they haven't. She told me that the person she talked to didn't know where the kid was and they couldn't provide any contact info for the kid.

Half the time this sounds like it's going to be a scam because the adjuster keeps telling me "if you aren't happy with how long this is taking then you can file it on your own insurance and we'll settle with them". I keep refusing that and I'm about ready to call an attorney to see if there's anything we can do to get their attention and take things more seriously.

Fred Loya Ins. still has not accepted liability for the accident though so who knows what will happen.

I'm still driving ..:: Bulls Eye ::.. though, no rental.

S.R.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #16
Lazerdot

Checked out Fred Loya insurance. If you don't get some movement, I'll be posting to his web page asking him why, and if his company is trying to create a cost for another insurance group. Supposedly he has been in business since 1972 or 1974. But they need to know we have world wide ability to show exactly how well they do or don't. This should be a no brainer since the other driver admitted fault to the police.

Keep us posted, and consider posting the issue in another section as very few get to see whats happening on the SW only forum.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #17
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Still no improvement in my quest with the insurance company and I'm still planning on going to Houston on Sunday.

S.R.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Have fun I did last time! Atleast one of the DFW Yari is going! Wish it was me