Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
pchuckie

Drives: 09 Yaris
Factory keyless remote settings

I have a new 09 Yaris that takes two pushes of the unlock button to unlock all of the doors on the car. The key/remote is the 3 button factory remote that came with the car. In the owners manual it talks about it can be changed to a single button push to unlock all dooors, but needs to be performed by a toyota dealer. I searched the forum and draw a goose egg, if you can help me out with the info or steer me how I missed it during a search I would appreciate it.

My guess is it's something simple like sit down buckle the seatbelt twice key on key off hit the brake and turn the car off.
pchuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Desperauto
The Old Man

Drives: 2008 yaris HB black sand pearl
Just checking, you do realize the two button push is for safety reasons, such as getting into your car at night so only the drivers door is unlocked.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperauto View Post
Just checking, you do realize the two button push is for safety reasons, such as getting into your car at night so only the drivers door is unlocked.
Absolutely. Suggest you leave it that way Pchuckie.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
pchuckie

Drives: 09 Yaris
Ok now I feel like I just got lectured by the police chief.
Yes I know its for safety, however every other car/truck I've owned has been a single button push. I want this one the same way.

BTW I'm not scared.

Last edited by pchuckie; 02-14-2009 at 04:19 PM.
pchuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Nope. Wrong, it's the keyless ECU that needs to be reprogrammed with a Toyota flash unit.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchuckie View Post
Ok now I feel like I just got lectured by the police chief.
Yes I know its for safety, however every other car/truck I've owned has been a single button push. I want this one the same way.

BTW I'm not scared.
We will make sure we put that on your grave stone!

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:49 PM   #7
toycar_sk

Drives: '09 Yaris sedan
I have a similar question (I think). My remote does not work when the ignition is on. This makes it difficult to warm-up my car in -40C temps. Before I get comments on the safety of this, I leave the club in place while I do this.
Thanks
toycar_sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:00 AM   #8
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Factory keyless remote settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchuckie View Post
I have a new 09 Yaris that takes two pushes of the unlock button to unlock all of the doors on the car. The key/remote is the 3 button factory remote that came with the car. In the owners manual it talks about it can be changed to a single button push to unlock all dooors, but needs to be performed by a toyota dealer. I searched the forum and draw a goose egg, if you can help me out with the info or steer me how I missed it during a search I would appreciate it.

My guess is it's something simple like sit down buckle the seatbelt twice key on key off hit the brake and turn the car off.

It can be programmed with TechStream. At least, I've seen the option when I plugged it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar_sk View Post
I have a similar question (I think). My remote does not work when the ignition is on. This makes it difficult to warm-up my car in -40C temps. Before I get comments on the safety of this, I leave the club in place while I do this.
Thanks
Use the key to lock the doors on your back. I always have a double key for this purpose. It is programmed to disable the keyless entry once the car is started. That can't be changed AFAIK.