Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2018, 05:24 PM   #1
LoveAndLiveHappy
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
2007 Toyota Yaris Power Steering / Dead Battery

This morning, after leaving a light on overnight, my battery was dead. I jumped it then upon pulling out of my garage noticed the power steering was weird. I drove a bit, then again - the power steering got real tight and the PS indicator light came on. I immediately drove to my oil change place, thinking maybe I need PS fluid, they quickly revealed that my car doesn't have a PS reservoir. I drove to the nearest gas/service station, because my fuel indicator was blinking that my gas tank was empty. As I pulled in the PS went out completely. I filled up my gas tank, then car wouldn't start again. The mechanic jump started the car and noticed the fuel indicator was still blinking that the gas tank was empty - weird. Anyone know anything about if the battery and power steering are connected in some way or is it just a coincidence? The mechanic kept the car and is replacing the battery (it's from 2012). He says he can't do much without being able to run the car.
LoveAndLiveHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, battery, gas, power steering, yaris