Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #181
estrda1

Drives: 2007 Sedan
I have an Iphone 4 and was wondering if you could control the the music through the Iphone if its hooked up to the stereo. Does the stereo use an Aux or the Iphone plug to play music? Does it charge the phone? Thanks,
estrda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #182
estrda1

Drives: 2007 Sedan
Oh yeah and does the bluetooth come with a wired mic? I noticed that the stereo had two holes for the mic. I was hoping it comes with a wired one to run up to the visor.
Hows the sound quality and are there any syncing issues?
estrda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #183
lunatik

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post
When I get mine Adroid 2.2 is going on it:D

Either that or WinXP.
Good luck with that, it only has 128MB of RAM.

My original T-Mobile G1 had more RAM (192MB) and had a hard time running 1.6. It is running 2.2 right now (Cyanogen) and it's barely "usable".
lunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #184
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Okay, I checked on the dhgate site, and it said there was a backorder of 60 days. Good lord... So, I will be ordering the one in the link below from ebay tomorrow morning!

I already verified with the seller that it's 200mm and has the correct connections for the Yaris.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Car-D...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #185
daveprue
My Pride & Joy...

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Okay, I checked on the dhgate site, and it said there was a backorder of 60 days. Good lord... So, I will be ordering the one in the link below from ebay tomorrow morning!

I already verified with the seller that it's 200mm and has the correct connections for the Yaris.

Yep, same unit exactly. Different vendor, but also about the same price that I paid: $415 including shipping vs $425 w/free shipping for mine. My delivery was within about 6 days from ordering.

Have fun!

daveprue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #186
chrisj

^ Thanks Dave! I am ordering it right now.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #187
chrisj

Just ordered it. Fingers crossed on the installation when it gets here. If it hadn't been for YarisWorld, I probably wouldn't have done much to my car, and the reason I ordered the head unit I did was because of the forum here.

Thanks everyone for giving me ideas to spend money on! :/
Old 10-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #188
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
UPS!

Dude, you are sooooo gonna get raped on customs brokerage!
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #189
daveprue
My Pride & Joy...

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
UPS!

Dude, you are sooooo gonna get raped on customs brokerage!
There was no customs on mine. It was just delivered to my house as though it had been shipped from within the U.S.

I think it has to do with China having "Most Favored Nation Trade Status" with the U.S.

When I ordered my iPod from Aplle, it was the same thing. It was shipped from China, via UPS, and arrived in about 4 days. No customs fees at all.

daveprue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #190
chrisj

A Chinese public holiday is holding up shipment of my unit (lucky me). I just got an email that they will ship on Oct. 5.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #191
enve1160

Drives: yaris
I've been reading this thread and I am sold.

chrisj did you get the rear view camera too?

I just bought mine from the same seller as you for $415 after shipping. Just deciding on the camera. He mentions they are $25 if you buy the unit from him.

Thanks guys for all the feedback on this unit. Btw, i will be hooking this thing up to my audiobahn 4 channel amp powering my infinity 6x9 and components. Well see what the sound quality is.

07 yaris sedan
enve1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #192
chrisj

^ I didn't get the camera, but yes my unit was exactly $415 including shipping. I had a camera in my Avalon and never used it. I just don't need to see exactly what's straight behind me (that's all my camera showed). I just didn't find it useful and would never try to back up anywhere using it.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #193
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Thanks everyone! Just read this entire thread and I love the look of this nearly stock looking HU! Will be ordering one of these from DHGate (which I had never heard of before this thread so thanks again!), I liked the look of the pic that Dragracer posted of the new model so hopefully I will be getting one of those! Just cant beat $370 shipped!

Only one thing its missing that I really really would have liked, and that's Sirius/XM. I have a Sirius subscription so I have a little Sirius receiver hanging off my windshield. Guess that will remain there but would have been really nice to have been integrated with this HU.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #194
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
No one replied if you can control the iPod from the deck, yet...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #195
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
Thanks everyone! Just read this entire thread and I love the look of this nearly stock looking HU! Will be ordering one of these from DHGate (which I had never heard of before this thread so thanks again!), I liked the look of the pic that Dragracer posted of the new model so hopefully I will be getting one of those! Just cant beat $370 shipped!

Only one thing its missing that I really really would have liked, and that's Sirius/XM. I have a Sirius subscription so I have a little Sirius receiver hanging off my windshield. Guess that will remain there but would have been really nice to have been integrated with this HU.
DHgate told me that it would be 60 days lead time before the thing would even ship from there. Make sure you check. I ended up getting mine on ebay. Course it ain't here yet.

@firemachine - I don't have mine yet, but this is info I would like to know too.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #196
Dragracer
Yaris Noobie

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 Door
The seller told me 7-10 days from time shipped to arrival at my home. I too am waiting for the "holiday' to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
DHgate told me that it would be 60 days lead time before the thing would even ship from there. Make sure you check. I ended up getting mine on ebay. Course it ain't here yet.

@firemachine - I don't have mine yet, but this is info I would like to know too.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #197
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
No one replied if you can control the iPod from the deck, yet...
kinda shocked. To me these are two things that every aftermarket deck should completely support.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #198
chrisj

I just checked the ad again, and there is an iPod icon on the touch screen (and there's an input) so I guess it does support that. No support for iPhone, just Classic, Nano, and Touch. Also, nothing about Sirius.

This is the one on ebay, remember, that I ordered.