Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2015, 05:49 AM   #1
Vitz_Q8

Drives: 3dr NCP90R
PG Hub spacers group buy

Hello everyone,

I've contacted Penguin Garage regarding the rear spacers since Garm is not working on MicroImage any more. Unfortunately they haven't done a run for a while, but they said if there is enough demand they might make a run. I've seen couple of people here asking about the spacers so hopefully we can make it happen. If you don't know about PG spacers here's some info:

The rear hub spacers come in both 10mm and 13mm sizes and come with everything needed to install.

They will work on all Toyota Yaris (NCP91) and Scion xD.

Rear hub spacers attach between the hub and the rear axle and widen the rear track of the car. Hub spacers have the following benefits:
-Wider rear track increases handling
-safer/easier to install than wheel spacers and maintenance free
-provide a more aggressive stance
-eliminate the need for longer wheel studs (unlike most wheel spacers)

These rear hub spacers come complete with everything needed for correct installation including:
-2 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminium hub spacers (10mm or 13mm width)
-8 Class 12.9 socket head capscrews
-8 Hardened washers
-1 Packet of anti-corrosion compound

check here to see how they look:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37483

Please post here and let others know, Penguin Garage will be following this thread to gauge the interest.

Last edited by Vitz_Q8; 10-21-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Vitz_Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I'm interested, just curious on price. I'm planning on running 6.5" wide tires with a +38 offset so i'm not sure if I can also squeeze a 10mm spacer in there as well, although seeing how the rear is narrower I may be ok.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Add me to the list. I contact PG about a month ago ready to buy some and no one ever responded.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:46 AM   #4
phaznet

Drives: '07 Yaris Sdn
I'm interested!
phaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Nice to see a group buy around these parts... It's been a while for sure!

FYI: I'm not sure about newer Yaris models, but the 07 has a weird offset on the rear passenger-side hub. I believe it's 3mm but I'm sure CTScott has posted a precise measurement in another thread. I would be VERY interested in getting a single slimmer one to prevent the tyre from rubbing, since the 10" PG spacer I have on rubs a bit when there's more than one person in the car. BTW, I have 15x6.5" ET +38 wheels and 205/55/R15 tyres.

@Vitz_Q8: Please PM me to let me know about the details on this group buy (ie, will you be receiving all payments & items and shipping them later?)

TIA and best of luck!

Last edited by tk-421; 10-15-2015 at 02:08 PM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #6
Vitz_Q8

Sorry guys for not replying. I've been very busy this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I'm interested, just curious on price. I'm planning on running 6.5" wide tires with a +38 offset so i'm not sure if I can also squeeze a 10mm spacer in there as well, although seeing how the rear is narrower I may be ok.
My wheels are 15×7 +35 and the offset at the back is still not quite enough for me so I'll be getting the 13mm ones.
Here's a quote from PG when I contacted them on Facebook: "Note: since this is a small run and will have improved packaging price will be higher. Right now we're looking at $100usd for the set."

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Add me to the list. I contact PG about a month ago ready to buy some and no one ever responded.
I tried to contact them by email but didn't get any reply so I contacted them directly on Facebook and luckily they responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Nice to see a group buy around these parts... It's been a while for sure!

FYI: I'm not sure about newer Yaris models, but the 07 has a weird offset on the rear passenger-side hub. I believe it's 3mm but I'm sure CTScott has posted a precise measurement in another thread. I would be VERY interested in getting a single slimmer one to prevent the tyre from rubbing, since the 10" PG spacer I have on rubs a bit when there's more than one person in the car. BTW, I have 15x6.5" ET +38 wheels and 205/55/R15 tyres.

@Vitz_Q8: Please PM me to let me know about the details on this group buy (ie, will you be receiving all payments & items and shipping them later?)

TIA and best of luck!
So far this thread is to gauge the interest on the spacers. PG told me to make a list of everyone interested. Then we can pay them directly once they finalise the number of orders. Here are some quotes from our conversation: "I'll check to see if I can still get all the pieces I need. Previously we had to do at least 11. Are you looking for the 10mm or 13mm?", "Have them message or email me I'll start a list. Can't guarantee I can get it to happen since its been so long but I'll try. These all for the NCP91?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaznet View Post
I'm interested!
Great hopefully we can get it going.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Then in that case i'm in for some 13mm. In my opinion these type of spacers are the safest/best type due to them moving the whole wheel bearing out not just the wheel.

Thanks for letting me know the fitment with your set up
Old 10-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #8
aspro

I hope this happens. I never specified what size i need. So, if it matters i need 10mils. Thanks.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 10-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #9
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
question , are the spacers behind the hub cos i have a set and only reason that i have not install is do to wheel bearing hub removal.
If you have higher km car that has seen many winters u will not remove the hubs with out damage, new rear hub bearings my cost non abs from toyota is 90 bucks each.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #10
Vitz_Q8

here is a comparison of the fitment between the wheels they're 15x7 +35 the front are perfect but the rears still need spacers IMO:

Rear passenger side

Front passenger side

Rear driver side

Front driver side
Old 10-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #11
Banana Man

Drives: Yaris
I'm Interested also!
Banana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #12
aspro

Bump!

Old 10-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #13
ITA

Drives: 2001 Echo Sedan
I am interested in a 13 mm pair. Thanks.
ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #14
aspro

Thats 5 people interested. How many people does PG need to get this running again? Come on people! Probably one of the best mods for the money you can do to this car.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #15
Supra_Yaris
Logan

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback Base MT
I am interested. Not sure if I would need the 10mm or 13mm. I am wanting my rims to sit flush, or near flush to the fender. While I have not bought any of the following, here are my plans.

Wheels: 16x9 +15 offset (same for front and rear)
Suspension: Megan Coilovers
Also looking to add about -3 degrees camber to the front and -5 to the rear.
Supra_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Yaris View Post
I am interested. Not sure if I would need the 10mm or 13mm. I am wanting my rims to sit flush, or near flush to the fender. While I have not bought any of the following, here are my plans.

Wheels: 16x9 +15 offset (same for front and rear)
Suspension: Megan Coilovers
Also looking to add about -3 degrees camber to the front and -5 to the rear.
Probably a 10mm spacer woukd be best. Might rub on a 16×9 rim.

Ok so that is now 6 people who want a spacer.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #17
Supra_Yaris
Logan

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback Base MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Probably a 10mm spacer woukd be best. Might rub on a 16×9 rim.

Ok so that is now 6 people who want a spacer.
Great! Thanks
Supra_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:42 PM   #18
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I've got a used set somewhere in my basement which I never got around to installing. 10mm if I recall.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hub spacers, penguin garage, scion xd, vitz, yaris