Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Micro Image Rocks and so do Yokohama S.drives in the rain!

Went to visit Cali Yaris at Micro Image today, had a great time! Garm took the time out of his busy day to grab some lunch with me at a local sushi place, food was great.
After lunch I picked up some JDM front bumper supports and Garm took great care of me as always. He even gave me a FREE steering wheel off his TC show car so I wouldn't have to roll around with the big clunky stock wheel!

Everyone there is super nice and we are very lucky to have them in the community. I will gladly buy from them whenever I need something since they give so much back to us enthusiasts

On another note, tonight was one of the first nights we've had a decent amount of rain out here in socal and I absolutely love the Yokohama S.drives in this weather! I was going out of my way extending my trip home and looking for fun roads to drive on, it's super fun driving in the rain when you have a great tire that doesn't hydroplane and works so well. I only wish we had more rain down here to enjoy

feel free to delete or move this... just felt like posting it up not sure where it should go
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:55 AM   #2
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
Sushi..nice! Garm seems like a super cool guy. Its great to have someone like him contribute to the community so much and others too :P. I was considering those tires and rain was one of my concerns, I'll probably get them after reading your review.

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Rain? What is rain? jk we been living in drought here for over 8 years!

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
uh oh now I can see all the SoCal guys heading to Garm's for free sushi and steering wheels

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
eii
Rides canyon walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Rain? What is rain? jk we been living in drought here for over 8 years!
Damn, aussies got it hard :(. Maybe you'll get some rain when you stop by here next year?

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
03Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
uh oh now I can see all the SoCal guys heading to Garm's for free sushi and steering wheels
Well, technically I picked up the tab for the sushi, but not without a lot of back and forth fighting over the check
Old 11-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
how's the sound of those tires? any noise at all, bearable? these might b my next tires...thanks for the review 03z33 and i have to check out your MV Agusta Brutale...

and yup microimage(MI) is great! if you need help in installing parts to your car, guillermo of MI will hook you up!

damn, we're up so early
Malaya1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
03Z33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaya1221 View Post
how's the sound of those tires? any noise at all, bearable? these might b my next tires...thanks for the review 03z33 and i have to check out your MV Agusta Brutale...

and yup microimage(MI) is great! if you need help in installing parts to your car, guillermo of MI will hook you up!

damn, we're up so early

They're very comfortable with very little sound cruising on freeway and side streets, very similar to the star specs, just less overall grip in the dry and a little bit less precise steering. These should last longer though, and are much better in heavy rain/standing water. It also doesn't hurt that they're the ONLY tire readily available in 195/45/17 in the states
Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
eii
Rides canyon walls

Not up early, up late xD. Jeff you sure love picking up those check eh? :laugh= Yeah Ill buy the s.drives for sure now, I trust yout review :P. We should all buy yokohamas so it'll make nate happy...and then he wont eat our souls...

Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Thanks guys, and thanks Jeff for making the trek up to the Valley to hang out and pick up a few things. It wasn't all one way though -- I picked up the TRD motor mounts from Jeff! You've been super helpful on here too, and your deep knowledge has helped me out more than once.

Quote:
Well, technically I picked up the tab for the sushi
Yeah, well that won't happen again.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
03Z33

I'm looking forward to seeing how you like those mounts. I'm hoping there will be a big improvement on your car with the turbos extra power.

We can take turns paying for lunch but next you have to come out to SGV
Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #12
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Micro Image FTW!

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #13
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
I dropped by MicroImage today for my sushi but Garm had left for the day so I ended up eating JR's pizza and chicken wings.

I did score a MicroImage water bottle! I will put it on my mantel in the living room.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #14
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
My bald Kumho Estacas are awesome for some second gear burn outs int he rain.

Well, not burn outs, but you know what I mean.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
I love going out to MI with Garm and Jeff. Cant wait to go back.
The steering wheel is nice but the ride in his Yaris was straight up awesome! Im still smiling from it
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
I'm considering the S.drives, glad to know they are good stuff! I need to get rid of my kumho ecsta asx...hate them.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
+1 on Garm being a stand up guy.

Did you check out his micro Subaru.
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #18
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
definitely going to make it down there to visit Garm and MicroImage when I visit family. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote