Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
cdavie89

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Yaris Work in Central Florida

Hello. I'm new to this Forum and I was wondering if anyone does any work on the Yaris for other people? I'm not that great with cars and I'm wanting to do some stuff to my car. It's a 2011 Yaris 3DR Hatchback. I'd like to eventually put Cruise Control on it, get a new radio put in (which I'm still unsure if I can do it), Put an Remote Start/Alarm in it and I think that's it for now. If you do work on the Yaris and you can help me out, let me know.

Reply here or message me with how much you would charge and where I can get Cruise Control parts and all :) Thanks
cdavie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
All of that can be done at any car audio garage. Best buy would prolly do it all minus the cruise control.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Yarflana

Drives: 2008 Base Model
Uh...I wouldn't go to best buy unless no one within 20 miles had the knowledge. They are going under and it is likely the quality of the work, although you may find spots where it isn't this way, is likely poor and overpriced.
Yarflana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
Ctscott has the stuff for the cruise and a really good DIY. I would do that one yourself as the instructions are wonderful. he sells the stuff to do it as well and it is a lot cheaper than the dealership prices.

Ctscott is a member here. I figure he will chime in at some point.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
Yarflana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
Ctscott has the stuff for the cruise and a really good DIY. I would do that one yourself as the instructions are wonderful. he sells the stuff to do it as well and it is a lot cheaper than the dealership prices.

Ctscott is a member here. I figure he will chime in at some point.

Is this the same kit as sold at MI?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
cdavie89

Okay. Thanks everyone. I'm not good with cars but I guess I can try to do it myself but if there is anyone whoop can do it, I'll be glad to pay whatever you think is best!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
BEEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarflana View Post
Is this the same kit as sold at MI?
I am not sure. I got mine from CTscott directly and it worked great. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it but it was under $100 and it works great.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Yarflana

Any concern about working around the airbag?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
BEEF

The big thing is to disconnect the battery and leave the car for a while for all the charge to die down. the DIY says to leave it for 90 seconds... I left mine for like 2 hours.

all of it is in the DIY. I don't think I still have it. if you are this interested, I would hit up CT and he can explain it way better than I can.

It took me about 3 hours or so to put it in but I was trying to be neat and all and I have a stick which requires another switch on the clutch pedal. not that complicated but I had to get back through the firewall again. I probably did it the hardest way possible as I took out the cowl just so I could see what was going on. in the end, it really wasn't that hard.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
cdavie89

My thing is I want it done right. I'll do some things with my car like most likely I'll do the radio myself and small things like that but when it comes to taking things apart like that, it's not something I like doing. I'm just afraid of messing something up then I'm screwed. I'd even travel a little further then Central Florida to get the Cruise Control put it or I'll look for a shop but I thought I'd try on here first and see if anyone needed any extra cash or something. but thanks :)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
where in central florida are you? I know there is a car club with a particularly knowledgeable member who owns a Yaris and lives and works near winter haven toyota. I also think there is a decent sized Scion community in the orlando area as well. They'd be happy to help you out.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
cdavie89

I live in Orlando but I'd go as far as Winter Haven. I'd even go as far as Tampa or Daytona Beach. I have they'll either see this or I can find them
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
If you get a stereo through Crutchfield, they come with great instructions, and can even help you get through it over the phone.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
cdavie89

Thank you goliath. That's what I was thinking about.

Also talked to CTscott about the Cruise Control. It doesn't seem too hard I guess. Still ify on doing it myself and with the Remote Start/Alarm I'll have a profressional or someone I know do it
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
JimKellyfan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Its EZ....u can do it....there are some good DIY people on this forum with pictures as well....good luck...
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote