Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
slmedina

Drives: 2011 toyota yaris sedan
Red face Help a girl out.. Please

Hey guys.. Y'all have been helpful many times.. But now I need some serious help. I'm sure y'all know how hard it is to find Haynes repair manuels in the US right.. Well it's beyond ridiculous. I found one online today on ebay from great Britain.. 😂 .. I'm gonna die over here without a book designed for US models.. Anyways.. I have a 2011 Yaris.. It's been a pain in my a$$ since tare down started almost 3 weeks ago.. Just for a head job.. lol.. Here I'm used to hondas 90s models..sorry guys I'm a honda girl.. But some how got stuck with a Yaris.. Y'all know that 12 point hex tool thingy that I had never heard of before in my life was beyond ridiculous to find too.. Had to wait a whole week just to get them dang head bolts off.. Now here's the part where I am in desperate need of some genuine Yaris brains.. I will be needing timing marks, and torque specs for both the timing chain and cams.. I think this here car makes me offically hate newer models.. lol given me back my 91 CRX.. Man I sure do miss that baby.. Any help will sure be a major life saver and a major stress reliever.. Oh and anything else that might be useful on slapping this car back together on Saturday.. Wish me luck y'all.. This car has made me go n think outside the box to much lately.. 😂
slmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I just uploaded a bunch of the repair manual pages to my imgur page. I'll post them up here tomorrow night at the latest. All torque specs and timing instruction are there

Edit* here they are

For torque specs ft/lbs is the second number in the bracket - or the last number given in the group of three beside each bolt

Last edited by tmontague; 11-27-2018 at 09:35 PM.
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
slmedina

Drives: 2011 toyota yaris sedan
thank you

You are a life saver.. Thank you so very much..
slmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
I'm curious as to what happened to your car to require the tear down.

Tags
2011yaris, torque specs