Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
Subaru Might Sell Rebadged Toyotas

Subaru might rebadge Yaris and Aygo:

Quote:
According to Japanese newspaper Yomiuri Shimbun, Fuji, the parent of Subaru, may sell versions of the Toyota Yaris, which is built in France, and the Toyota Aygo, which is built in the Czech Republic. Driving the deal are rapidly escalating fuel prices, which are encouraging Europeans to buy smaller cars.

Suzuki and Nissan last month announced a similar vehicle-sharing arrangement in Europe.

The newspaper said Toyota expects to begin supplying Subaru-badged cars in 2008.

Toyota and Fuji last year agreed to form closer links after Toyota bought most of General Motors' share in Fuji, becoming its largest minority shareholder. Earlier this year, the partners inked a deal under which Toyota Camry sedans will be assembled at the Subaru plant in Lafayette, Indiana, beginning next spring.
source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116557
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 田中秀樹
Subaru might rebadge Yaris and Aygo:

source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116557
Interesting.

Does any one know about the build quality of the Pontiac Vibes, which are essentially just re-badged Toyota Matrices?

When these vehicles are rebadged for different auto makers, you get a similar (almost exact look oftentimes, save for subtle differences) but you also get the same quality you know you'd get if you bought a Toyota Matrix , or are you likely getting the same shoddy build that you'd get if you bought a sunfire (as an example)

Thanks for the insight.

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
I didn't know they made Yaris' in France? Mine said 100% Japan, so I guess they have more than one production plant. Kind of makes sense since it is the best selling car in the world But I wouldn't want mine to be built in France!
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33
I didn't know they made Yaris' in France? Mine said 100% Japan, so I guess they have more than one production plant. Kind of makes sense since it is the best selling car in the world But I wouldn't want mine to be built in France!
Yea, I *thought* that the NA Yarii are made in Japan, but the European ones are made in France?

Anyone confirm?
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
riceboy

Drives: icebox
With the vibe I'm pretty sure owners are experiencing buyer's remorse once they put the vehicle into the market for resale. People are very brand oriented, and for better or worse they will pay more for the better brand. For instance if lada or yugo came out with rebadged toyota's i'm sure that you would find that the original toyota version would be the better seller, and own the better resale down the line.

As far as the yaris and france, i'm pretty sure they're refering to the design which was done in france. The actual vehicles are made in japan, in Canada our vin's start with a J to indicate the country of origin.
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
well
Daihatsu is already selling re-badge bB in Japan. which is kinda weird... cuz both cars are sold in the same market
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Hmm, i wonder.

4WD Sport Wagon 4D
06 Matrix MSRP - $18,375
05 @23k miles - $17,930 97% value
05 @23 Trade in - $13,550

AWD Sport Wagon 4D
06 Vibe MSRP - $ 19,990
05 @23k miles - $ 16,895 84% value
05 @23 Trade in - $12,550

I used the exact same model and options. The 05 is for dealer sale price for used and is another reason why i wont buy an american car, sigh.

Thats kinda shitty for the exact same base car.
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
Yea, I *thought* that the NA Yarii are made in Japan, but the European ones are made in France?

Anyone confirm?

Yes Remember the hatch was designed and engineered in France (I believe) not to say just because of that it will be built there but in this case yes. So all Yarii that goes to N/A are built in Japan-sedan and hatch.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:17 AM   #9
Ziriako

Drives: Yaris TS + Yaris II 90 D-4D
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33
May be you have something against France and French people ?

But I can say you the Toyota schedule of conditions is the same all over the world but sure you don't know Europe
Toyota Yaris II 90 D-4D Sol 2007
Ziriako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #10
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Europeans get theirs from Toyota's French plant. North Americans, Australians and Japanese get theirs from the Japanese plant. South-east Asia will get it from the Thailand plant. I think there's another plant in Taiwan as well, but I'm not sure. Bear in mind that Toyota operates its plants on a single quality standard. So it doesn't matter if the plant's in Asia or Europe, it has the same strict standards as the one in their main factory in Japan.

BTW, the Aygo is made in a Czech factory co-owned with the French PSA (Citroen and Peugeot). The factory makes 100,000 Aygos, 100,000 Citroen C1s and 100,000 Peugeot 107s, 300,000 cars (just different badges) in total. All of the Aygos are currently for the European market only.
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote