Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Mod's List

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what everyone has done for mod's... Maybe it'll give some of us stock Yaris some mod's to look forward to...

Interior:

Exterior:

Audio/Video:

Suspension/Wheels & Tires:

Performance:
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Just the factory lowering springs for me. I know these are a bit conservative for the racier owners, but for improved handling and looks without destroying ride quality, they work great.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what everyone has done for mod's... Maybe it'll give some of us stock Yaris some mod's to look forward to...

Interior:

Exterior:

Audio/Video:

Suspension/Wheels & Tires:

Performance:
Interior: Shift knob and door sill protectors(I like the look of the protectors)
Exterior: Window tint only
Audio/Video: Lightening Audio 10" sub and amp (TO owners see XS Cargo)
Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Nothing yet....I'm saving for an anniversary at the end of May(Going on an Alaskan Cruise!!), so I'll be doing the lowering springs at least in June/July
Performance: Nothing yet... Planning on doing the intake and exhaust after the springs. I work at an aftermarket exhaust mfg plant so I'll be doing something custom.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
jcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
Interior: Shift knob and door sill protectors(I like the look of the protectors)
Exterior: Window tint only
Audio/Video: Lightening Audio 10" sub and amp (TO owners see XS Cargo)
Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Nothing yet....I'm saving for an anniversary at the end of May(Going on an Alaskan Cruise!!), so I'll be doing the lowering springs at least in June/July
Performance: Nothing yet... Planning on doing the intake and exhaust after the springs. I work at an aftermarket exhaust mfg plant so I'll be doing something custom.
I have OBX pedals on the way! The four piece set, gas, brake, clutch and dead pedal.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Vibrant exhaust next month. I'm trying to get some more.....
Old 04-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
riceboy

Hmmmm so looks like JCOVE is leading the way so far... anyone got anything on the ol' wishlist yet?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
Hmmmm so looks like JCOVE is leading the way so far... anyone got anything on the ol' wishlist yet?
My wishlist is infinite ... lol .... First thing on the list would be an actual Yaris. Im still kickin it in an Echo at the moment :P

On the Yaris i plan to buy in 3 months time, it wont have ANY engine mods purely cos id like to keep the warranty on this car in tact for the full period it's valid :P DARK tint and Excessive loweing will be a high priority as soon as i get the car! A set of 16" dished rims or maybe 17" rims with removal of all badges except the toyota logos. Stereo would then be the next thing id work on, cos standard cd players in most cars suck balls, the Yaris one is below average in my opinion.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
First thing for me as well is getting my Yaris. I put a deposit down at my dealer, but who knows how long it'll take to get my car.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
Master
Hella Smart

Drives: Lexus IS300
Interior: nothing much. depending on how comfy the seats are i might swap them out.

Exterior: no body kits, but i like the factory spoiler. gotta get an HID kit tho

Audio/Video: double din AV unit (probably eclipse AVN3435), but i kind of don't want to spend that much. i might end up with a double din unit that can do sirius. Speaker upgrades, not sure what yet.

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: tein coilovers with some 18 or 17 inch work sp1 wheels or some other five spoke type wheel

Performance: probably just a pop charger and an exhaust, since the stock one looks oh so dinky

probably going to end up putting 3-5k into the car
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #9
riceboy

Damn that eclipse is a serious h/u.. in Canada it runs about 4k with taxes.... is everything really that much cheaper in the US?
Old 04-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
Schmingie

Drives: 06 Yaris LE 5dr
Window Tint, Rear Bumper Protector, Cargo net, Roof Rack ( For family holiday trip), Center armrest, Window visors, Center cup holder, All weather mats, 6 Disc/mp 3 upgrade, Exhaust Tip, Shift Knob ( in the mail ).

S.
Schmingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Oh ......... you wanted a WISH list!!!!!! LR plans would be for 17" wheels and some low profile tires, and a TURBO kit if TRD ever offers one that won't void the warranty (not holding my breath for that)!!! As for cosmetic changes I like the car as it stands, but wouldn't mind those little chin spoilers I saw in one of the threads. You can order them in stock colours which would make life easier. Still debating glass tint, and 3M coating.
Of course if I won the lottery I would start by converting the car to AWD, and then I would .............
Attached Images

ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #12
TOYOTaejien

Drives: Yaris S Sedan Manual
well, first thing on my wishlist is that they would start creating/making more performance/exterior parts for the yaris liftback/sedan.

then i'll probably add a new spoiler, a c/f hood, lowering springs, some axis hiro's or enkei evo5, a new set of projectors headlights, maybe different tailights, tints, intake or even cold, exhaust, turbo/supercharger?, moonroof conversion, reuphoster/change the interior fabrics

mmm.. anything else on my wishlist.. that may be it for now. just like my avatar :)
Old 04-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #13
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Anyone know of a company that makes actual replacement pedals instead of just pedal covers? The stock pedal spacing absolutely sucks.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:12 AM   #14
jcove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
Anyone know of a company that makes actual replacement pedals instead of just pedal covers? The stock pedal spacing absolutely sucks.
I believe that the OBX are replacement pedals, but I'll let you know when I get them. OBX is the company that all Toyota and Scion dealerships, use for aftermarket parts such as shift knob, pedals and so on.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think there's too much you can do for the pedal spacing, unless you actually move the controls. Can you shed a little move info on what you mean? Sorry if I'm a little thick, just can't figure it out.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #15
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I really don't want to do a load of mods, for a number of reasons:

* I did the mod-thing years ago - wound up ruining a few perfectly good cars.
* I don't want to pour a ton of money into an otherwise inexpensive car.
* As I get older, my priorities are changing a bit; I like dead-reliability, comfort and simplicity.

These things being said, I wouldn't mind getting the TRD springs/shocks, sport muffler and those nice TRD wheels! The stock suspension looks oh-so-jacked-up along with what look like undersized wheels/tires. I can't even find the tailpipe on the stock muffler!

When will I learn that Toyota engineers aren't stupid... I shouldn't mess with this stuff.

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
NOT a Wish List... Current mods.

6500k H4 HIDs
LED Parking Lights
Chrome/Silver Turn Signal Bulbs

Tanbe Lowering Springs
Cusco Type 1 Lower Bar

Disabled DRLs
Undercoated Wheel Wells
Debaged Emblems

Grounding Kit

TRD Pedal Set
Apple iPod
Yaris Floor Mats
Toyota Cargo Net

Last edited by Chris07LB; 07-22-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #17
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Interior: Leather seats (front only - still waiting for Classic Soft Trim to get around to cutting the pattern for the 40/60 rear seat in the hatchback).

Exterior: Rear bumper protector.

Audio/Video: MB Quart RCE-216 speakers in front, RCE-213's in rear. Installed sound damping all around. I have the JVC KD-HDR1 head unit (that has a built-in HD tuner) but I'm waiting for a trim kit before I install.

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Koenig Helium wheels.

Performance: zip
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
Interior: Leather seats (front only - still waiting for Classic Soft Trim to get around to cutting the pattern for the 40/60 rear seat in the hatchback).

Exterior: Rear bumper protector.

Audio/Video: MB Quart RCE-216 speakers in front, RCE-213's in rear. Installed sound damping all around. I have the JVC KD-HDR1 head unit (that has a built-in HD tuner) but I'm waiting for a trim kit before I install.

Suspension/Wheels & Tires: Koenig Helium wheels.

Performance: zip
Could I get some pics of your leather interior?
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote