Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #127
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
and there goes the final 3 door in the entire us,

*clings to my 3 door*
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:39 PM   #128
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsridewith View Post
You'd like my Bauhaus design school sub-compact 1991 Corolla Wagon --hued grey w/ ALL black trim...bumpers, everything. Minimalist adjustable roof-rack that completely removes with six screws.

i live in a snow state, having a roof rack is like having a wall on your roof to collect snow, unless you go sking alot or move christmas trees, there just going to cause drag.

the 3rd gen yaris is basically the same from 2010 (2nd gen) - 2017 (3rd gen post 2015 redesign)

there insanely modular leaving to a long range of support and parts you can pull.

toyota didnt really axe this car, im going to go on a bit of a ramble, atleats in my guess without being an actual toyota employee and speculation is that toyota is building a baseline for what customers want and will buy cars from other manufactuers to reverse engineer those things on cars to add them later on when the yaris is truely redesigned to save them money, like how they did the BRZ FRS thing, its all about money savings while bringing in new customers.

if the loyalty gets renewed we might see another fully toyota build yaris with more options and whatnot, right now toyota is probably running most of these "badge engineered" cars as a mild test bed as the ancient 1nzfe yaris which had remained the same since 1999 mechanically was due for a refresh.

we dont like it, things like the I8 didnt do too well but technologys not going to advance as are cars if we keep using the same thing over and over again, this mazda will probably not sell well or it will sell greatly and we will be in automotive hell, eitherway if toyota does it right then they can start introducing better tech into a smaller lineup.

PLUS on the flipside, these older models are out of production and contain the things toyota needs while giving them a deep discount on tooling manufacturing etc.

so its a smart move

and before anyone jumps down me about the supra, toyota was approached by BWM after testing there FRS and the went hey wanna make a car so they did. toyota being smart went to germany where in germany there are no co developemnt laws, meaning while you get the same platform, the body and everything else between the two cars are different.

thats whats going on here, toyotas in corporate espionage mode.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote