Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
DIY Tacho install question

i have a RHD yaris and i was wondering if the installation for a tach is the same? just on the other side? (ps i know all australian yaris' have a tacho already, i just dont like digital)

I also attached photos to show what is on the other side (whats in the white plastic casing? and is that the ecu next to it?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01581.JPG (230.1 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01587.JPG (294.0 KB, 233 views)
Capagotks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Capagotks
Chode

Question

oh, i forgot to mention, I have the safety pack which includes the drivers knee airbag. is that where it is? behind it? is it safe to try and remove it?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #3
Capagotks
Chode

on page ST-38 to ST-39 (STARTING) in the service manual, the fuses are in the same place despite the side of the steering wheel.

vasilios: do you think i should buy a cheap diagnostics cable and just wire it up to that? id rather do it than get blasted by the airbag
Old 07-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
Capagotks
Chode

the diagnostics port is under the steering wheel, but removing the airbag cover/the airbag itself would make it much easier to work on. Anyway i read the SRS part of the manual and it says it has a backup battery which lasts 90 seconds after the battery is disconnected.

I think the yaris is build pretty much the same round the world, because the fuses and relays (like in my first post) are in the same place as the overseas models. (+/- features included/not included)

Something else that pisses me off is that we cant even get a factory cruise control, climate control and that my radio doesn't have MP3 input. (6 stacker, looks different to everyone elses) and that the shit model does.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
white thing is your blower motor and condensor for a/c unit. also on upper part of this unit is where your pollen filter goes. next to that is your fuse relay box. the big black wire comes in directly from your under hood fuse box (which is 12v direct from the battery. it is constantly hot so there is always 12v whether the car is on or not. do not splice this wire or the tach will run all day with the car off) i used a piggy back fuse and ran voltage off of the guage cluster fuse and audio fuse. this view is exactly the same as my left side drive except for the fuse/relay box is on the left side. hope this helps

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:11 AM   #6
Edd

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capagotks View Post
my radio doesn't have MP3 input. (6 stacker, looks different to everyone elses) and that the shit model does.
Do you mean the 3.5mm AUX input isn't on the YRX, but on the other models? That sucks
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
Capagotks
Chode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Do you mean the 3.5mm AUX input isn't on the YRX, but on the other models? That sucks
It could be a socket round the back of the head unit, and the input socket is supposed to be near the handbrake, (and could be the same on the GPS head unit) but i dont have the right part. I need a 3.5mm plug-to-3.5mm socket. (or something like that)