Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Corolla/xD Big Brake kit install problems

I bought the BBK that Brushforhire had on his Yaris a year or more ago. Finally getting around to installing it since the slide pin holes on my stock brackets were completely trashed and beyond saving. Hooray for road salt!

Everything bolts up just fine, except I had to trim the ends of the shields to make room for the bracket. Nothing a quick zip from a cutoff wheel can't handle. The problem is that once the bracket gets snugged up, the rotor won't turn anymore.

I put two nuts on the studs to make sure that the rotor was in the right position and centered. No luck there either.

I know there's only a few of us who have done this swap, so I'm hoping one of them still frequents the forums and sees this.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Disregard. I hadn't seated the hub completely after replacing the wheel bearing. Put the wheel back on, set it on the ground, gave it a few full turns until it seated properly.

Now if I could just get the damned brake line fitting loose from the hard line...
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:18 AM   #3
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
road salt!