Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #1
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Best smartphone mount/holder?

2009 Sedan. Hi all, I'm looking for a good smartphone holder that will attach to the vents or something. Hopefully one that doesn't cause any kind of damage to the dash or to the vents. Need something to hold my phone up while I'm driving. Anyone have a recommendation? There seems to be an awful lot of them out there, but which one is actually any good?
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073R68TSH..._yK7tCbNSRD17R

Have it mounted on first vent right of steering wheel. Been using it for about a year without any problems. It does make some clickity clack vibration noise when no phone is in the holder however.

I didn't pay that price for it. I think I paid around $7. Also make sure to get the version that clamps shut, there is also a knock off version with a 4 prong attachment that doesn't work very well according to online reviews I've read.

Last edited by NYC-SE; 01-28-2019 at 10:33 PM.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
My wife uses a Mengo. It's a small, very strong magnet that clips to the AC vent. Small, feels good in hand and offers a couple different ways to mount the phone. She's been very happy with it. Here's the Amazon link to what appears to be an updated version of the one she has. There's also an Amazon listing for a 2-pack of what looks like the exact one my wife has for just a few bucks more.

I have no personal experience with them myself, but I've been getting Instagram adds for this POWR Fast Charge Wireless mount. I really like how it looks and think the fast wireless charging is a nice touch. A little more pricey, though.

Hope it helps!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Those magnetic clip mounts are pretty awesome. I have one in the car and one on my desk (it's actually meant for windshield mounting with a suction cup, but I have a glass desk), and I can just pop my phone wherever i need it.

The wireless charge cradles are cool too, my ex uses one, as her phone has wireless charging. it's nice not to have to worry about fishing for a cable and plugging it the right way, but sometimes getting the phone aligned to the charging element correctly can be fiddly too.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:39 AM   #5
Fluxtasy
feed my pet

Drives: Yaris Sedan '10
This is pretty neat if you still own a CD HU

http://www.mountek.com/
Fluxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:48 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxtasy View Post
This is pretty neat if you still own a CD HU

http://www.mountek.com/
Tried one of those too, not bad, a but a bit too much flex.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:34 PM   #7
grilled cheeseus

Drives: 2007 3 door 5MT
I think the center vents are too small to begin with and didn't want to block them.

I use these magnetic doodads with an adhesive bond to the dashboard. Scosche "MagicMount", you can find them at Walmart. Mine is stuck to the left of the gauge cluster (but not interfering with the little glovebox above the steering wheel).

grilled cheeseus is offline   Reply With Quote