Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #1
melyta

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
Sound and bang when shifting gears

Hi Experts,

I have a Toyota Yaris 2012 model, bought in Romania, Europe. It only has 51.000 km run, but lately whenever I do about 30km with it in some traffic it starts making a bang under the pedals and also it makes some sound (also coming from under the pedals) whenever I shift gear, especially at low speeds and low gears. Did anyone by any chance have a similar problem or could anyone give an opinion on what this might be? I really hope it's not the gearbox :(
melyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I had a similar bang when shifting gears the gearbox was hitting the chassis. This was confirmed for me when i went to the dyno just to diagnose the problem. It felt like a bang under the pedal. What fixed it for me was changing the gearbox mounts. I had poly mounts made as I was having the problem even with new OEM mounts.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTS View Post
I had a similar bang when shifting gears the gearbox was hitting the chassis. This was confirmed for me when i went to the dyno just to diagnose the problem. It felt like a bang under the pedal. What fixed it for me was changing the gearbox mounts. I had poly mounts made as I was having the problem even with new OEM mounts.
Most likely the case, since the roads out there are probably not the most well paved or maintained. I can't see it being anything else at only 51,000 KM.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #4
melyta

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
Thanks

Thank you guys so much for your answers, I am relieved to know it probably isn't some serious problem. Gonna take it to the service soon :)
melyta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, clutch, gearbox, shift, yaris