Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
JC Whitney Car...does anyone know what I mean?

This is an inside term between me and some close friends. But the idea is that the car in question has everything that is available for it stuck to it. There is typically a lot of chrome involved. Not to be racist, but there is often a mexican flag or a horn that plays La Cucaracha involved...

I'm only mentioning this because a lot of the cars or questions posted on this site are making me think of JC Whitney cars:

How do I put this fake carbon fiber on? How do I get my car so sit on the ground so I can never drive it? How do I get my car to sound like a flock of pissed off Cucaracha's? Why is my alternator glowing after 3 minutes of my stereo drawing 135 amps? Why do my 255/45/20 tires rub, they fit on my Expedition? How does my skull shift knob make my pleathor interior look? Will my rooftop carrier carry my chrome vespa? How does this snow plow blade make my car look? Does this 19 inch tach look too rice? Why won't tuner shops listen to me when I say I want a Supra engine with quad turbos in my Yaris? Why can't I use jet fuel instead of Costco fuel in my Yaris? Who makes the best jet fuel? If I use jet fuel as a wax, is it better that Zaino? If I mix Zaino in with my Techron, will I become airborn with my rooftop carrier and my Kaminari kit? Why do people laugh at me when I say that my intake/exhaust car makes 165 hp? Where do I get Yaris-length curb feelers?...

I came to this site looking for good info for my new 07 blazing blue 5sp Lb. I found good info. But the nouget hurts my teeth...

Truely sorry if I described your curb feelers, honestly, no offense intended, but just had to drunken vent...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
damn you were drunk when you wrote that! pretty good, buddy.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Desertguy
Phoenix (6mo. per yr)

Drives: 3 dr. lift back. Bayou blue
This has been going on since cars were invented. J.C. Whitney was around when I was a kid and mostly young people were attatching various "acessories" to their rides. It is just an attempt (however misguided) to individualize their cars. The rice stuff from Japan is just their J.C. Whitney IMO.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #4
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
A Flock of CockRoaches? Maybe you'll drink abit more and we won't have to listen to your rant once you pass out and get hit by a Mexican bus.

What a waste of space and an insult to everyone here who feels personalization makes their world go round. Even if the info and help isn't what you need or you feel isn't directed to you....there is someone looking in that found an answer without having to ask for it.

Chuck
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #5
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
Well I guess you'll just have to learn to pick up what you find useful and filter out what you detest.

We've all got our own ways of customizing our cars as an expression and extension of ourselves. You ranting about those "JC Whitneys" won't make them change, or leave this forum.

I don't think there's a pressing need for everyone to conform to a certain sensibility, especially since most of you guys are supposedly from America, land of the free.

Its also quite boring when every modded car ends up looking like the one next to it, except in a different colour.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
Old 07-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
it's all subjective and I think the guy is a total assfuck
Old 07-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
Yeppers.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #8
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

please lock
Old 07-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Being a moron doesn't warrant a lock of your thread. However, if you're of Mexican heritage feel free to report that post and I'll get right on it.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #10
gaffo

Drives: integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
I dissagree - I concur with his observations.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but some here really do go "too far" and to me it seems just plain silly some of the extremes that people will go to (whatever that may be).

USA (especially) seems to be a culture of both extreme conformity/and extreme extremism (maybe an outgrowth of the conformity pressures?).

Anyway (not not anyway"S"), anyway - there is wisdom in "moderation in all things", and an understated car, clothes, home, artwork, etc... will always outclass the over the top gawdy.

PS - I see no value in insulting the original poster.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
I dissagree - I concur with his observations.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but some here really do go "too far" and to me it seems just plain silly some of the extremes that people will go to (whatever that may be).

USA (especially) seems to be a culture of both extreme conformity/and extreme extremism (maybe an outgrowth of the conformity pressures?).

Anyway (not not anyway"S"), anyway - there is wisdom in "moderation in all things", and an understated car, clothes, home, artwork, etc... will always outclass the over the top gawdy.

PS - I see no valuable in insulting the original poster.
ok you may disagree that he is an assfuck and that is fine, this guy leaves snotty antagonistic comments all over the place

you are agreeing with me however that it is a subjective comment, just like me calling him an assfuck, I am being subjective

value in insults, well read the original post again, this thread was started with an insult, valuable or not
Old 07-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #12
MarkBen

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Met. Meteorite
Hmmm...

Funny thing is, I came here for the same reason that guy did, because I wanted to find out more about my new Yaris. But while customization is not my thing, I've found it fascinating to see what the people on this board have done to their cars. People like that are going to be around, unfortunately, all the time. Just my opinion...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

that's everywhere and with everything, what you choose is based on what you like, i'm not going to say i haven't seen some shit that -I think- is just
-wrong- but in someways like posted above, it keeps it interesting, when you put the negativity on the table though then you get more in return

why don't you highclass motherfuckers just set good examples and quit pointing your fingers and calling shit ricey or tacky or cheap or ugly or whatever ??? all of these things are subjective

what a boring world you must live in
Old 07-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

There is nothing in the world more classy than being humble.

Well, maybe this.

http://www.beerliquors.com/giftbaske...III_cognac.htm
Old 07-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #15
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Old 07-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
There is nothing in the world more classy than being humble.

Well, maybe this.

http://www.beerliquors.com/giftbaske...III_cognac.htm
I don't know.....You could get some really, really nice stuff in the J.C. Whitney catalog for $1753.33.

Name:  nutkick.gif
Views: 101
Size:  14.4 KB <----clean fight

Chuck
Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
guys come on, we're better than this...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread