Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
My recall installation experience

Well, had one of my recall installations done on Friday. Wham bam thank you, uh, Toyota. In and out in no time. I think it took them like 45 minutes from time I arrived until they finished. She said the second recall will be ready in about a month. I hope it's as painless as the first.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
So...whatd they do?
Old 08-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
Hi bronsin,

They did the recall associated with the seat. That's about all I know.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
My daughters 08 sedan just got the seat track replacement. Waiting for notification on my wife's 10 3 door.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #5
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
The recall notice I got has an estimated time for 1.5hrs... I have yet to call and make an appointment. We will see how it goes..
Old 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
I read the posts on this thread and thought I'd check with my local Toyota dealer re my status/what is showing in their computer system. The service writer pulled 'me' up in their system and said I'm not yet able to get either of the recall repairs done....that the word 'Remedy' must appear in my record. I mentioned that I know Yaris owners in other areas are getting the recall repairs completed. He said that re some things Toyota thinks that areas with inclement winter weather are 'needier' re recall repairs. I asked him how far north I would have to go to find a dealer that would fall into that category. He said it doesn't work that way...that it goes by VIN# and that Toyota knows where you live . I started carping a bit about that and he changed his tune a bit and said it might be by model year rather than location . Anyone have any idea if the remedy timeframe is being assigned by region (where your Yaris is registered), by model year, or some sort of program that considers both of these factors ?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
I read the posts on this thread and thought I'd check with my local Toyota dealer re my status/what is showing in their computer system. The service writer pulled 'me' up in their system and said I'm not yet able to get either of the recall repairs done....that the word 'Remedy' must appear in my record. I mentioned that I know Yaris owners in other areas are getting the recall repairs completed. He said that re some things Toyota thinks that areas with inclement winter weather are 'needier' re recall repairs. I asked him how far north I would have to go to find a dealer that would fall into that category. He said it doesn't work that way...that it goes by VIN# and that Toyota knows where you live . I started carping a bit about that and he changed his tune a bit and said it might be by model year rather than location . Anyone have any idea if the remedy timeframe is being assigned by region (where your Yaris is registered), by model year, or some sort of program that considers both of these factors ?

Wow, wouldn't have expected that. Possibly by model year I would think, but hopefully not be a region thing unless they are thinking that folks are less likely to have an issue in warmer climates or are less likely to have moved the track a lot

"We have come to the conclusion after much research that people in the north tend to move their seat on the track at a higher rate of frequency than those in the south due to wanting to be closer to the vents during the winter and farther away during the summer." - said no one ever!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
It sucks you guys don't have that many dealers around. So they can bullshit you about anything.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I received a paper that said it was in the works, but a fix wasn't available yet. I really don't care about the driver seat, that has literally never been moved.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #10
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Wow, wouldn't have expected that. Possibly by model year I would think, but hopefully not be a region thing unless they are thinking that folks are less likely to have an issue in warmer climates or are less likely to have moved the track a lot

"We have come to the conclusion after much research that people in the north tend to move their seat on the track at a higher rate of frequency than those in the south due to wanting to be closer to the vents during the winter and farther away during the summer." - said no one ever!
Yeah, really! He was lumping the spiral cable recall in as well...but still!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #11
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
It sucks you guys don't have that many dealers around. So they can bullshit you about anything.
fnkngrv has a dearth of dealers in his area, but there are MANY dealers in my neck of the woods. Perhaps I should ask a service advisor at another dealer ?
Old 11-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #12
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Currently sitting in my local Toyota dealership having both the spiral cable and driver seat rail being addressed. We'll see how long this takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
35 minutes. Gonna take me longer than that to reprogram my radio.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:36 AM   #14
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
35 minutes. Gonna take me longer than that to reprogram my radio.
It took only 35 minutes to fix both? I was told 4 hours. Going in soon for both.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #15
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52902
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #16
The Limo 2

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Went to get the spiral cable replaced at 10am this morning. Took their valet service ride home. When I got home, my wife had my brunch ready. Just as I finished my brunch Toyota phoned and said my car was ready and did I want to have it washed. I said yes and they said the valet service would pick me up in 10 minutes. I made myself a coffee and just finished it when the valet van pulled into my driveway. Went to Toyota dealer and picked up the car all shiny and clean. No charge. About 1hr and 20 minutes since I dropped it off.
Roy
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #17
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
My drivers seat has creaked incessantly ever since the recall was completed. Will see want they say when it goes in for the spiral cable.
This is why I prefer to do my own maintenance work. Historically, any time I've taken a vehicle to any dealership for service some new, unrelated issues arise immediately afterward. Very fishy!

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #18
Corsair

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Just got mine done this morning, Both recall issues. Took 4hrs.
Corsair is offline   Reply With Quote