Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
drg

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatchback
Resetting Service Required Light

I change my own oil but the damned service required light came on and really did not want to take my Yaris to the dealer to get the light reset so I tried a few things, this is what I think I did to get it off.
1. Turn the ignition all the way on.
2. Turn the ignition off.
3. Press in and hold the trip meter reset button.
4. Turn the ignition all the way on. I noticed the service button blinking
5. After about five seconds, turn the ignition off. Then release the trip meter reset button
6. Turn the ignition all the way on. The service light comes on and then goes off after a few seconds.
If someone else has one of these lights on, give it a try and see if I remember correctly.

Last edited by eTiMaGo; 02-20-2007 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Updated instructions
drg is offline   Reply With Quote