Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #73
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
does any one have any night shoots , of these projectors , showing cut off and glare please.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:33 AM   #74
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I think Mike (camelll) had some. Glare was minimal and the cutoff was excellent.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #75
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
does any one have any night shoots , of these projectors , showing cut off and glare please.
go to my liftback DIY for the projector headlights. I got night shots on page 2.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #76
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Quote:
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #77
1NZYaris1

Thanks Brain , i had already copied that one , i was hoping to get one with both head lights lined up , your drivers side is way to low
Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #78
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
can these work??
Old 10-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #79
Brian

Quote:
Thanks Brain , i had already copied that one , i was hoping to get one with both head lights lined up , your drivers side is way to low
Its actually perfect while driving. High enough on the passenger side to light up road signs but low enough not to shine into peoples windows or mirrors.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #80
1NZYaris1

Thanks for that . just trying to show the suppliers that the cut off
does not suit right hand drive cars
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #81
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
Brian, you should adjust that drivers side, you will see a huge difference in the way the road lights up. I am surprised you got it to go that low without popping the adjustment screw out of the socket behind the reflector bowl. I did that on mine and I was not even close to that far down, I could not go any lower than the drivers side you see in the 4th pic and right below that I popped the adjuster screw out. Had to reopen the headlight and fix it, was kind of a pain in the butt.
I will lower the passenger side when I get a new set of headlights in a few months. I didn't want
to cut into the reflector housing at the time to lower it more. I was surprised too at how low they
came out.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #82
1NZYaris1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
1nz the housings these projectors came in were RHD. The cutoff shield is for LHD but the RHD housings were rotated so the projectors shined up on the left. I don't know if yours is the same or not. It may be hard to understand what I am saying so I will post a pic of the cutoff in the RHD projectors and hope this helps.

The first pic, 3 black circles shows how the h4 grooves are rotated to the right allowing more light to shine on the left and less on the right. You can see the cutoff shield how it is angled. The shield is on the bottom but when the light comes out of the projector it is upside down. The housing was sitting flat for this pic.

2nd pic is the housing sitting flat so you can see how the cutoff would look in a RHD housing. This would probably work without blinding oncoming traffic but the proper way would be to have the cutoff shield going the opposite direction, I don't know if they make these or not. Would need to ask someone who has stock hid in RHD housing.

3rd pic is the same projector in a LHD housing, 3 black circles show how the h4 grooves are flat. It looks like it goes to the left but it is because the whole housing was rotated when I took the pic, but it is not rotated left or right. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions you can pm me or post in here if brian does not care.

Brian, you should adjust that drivers side, you will see a huge difference in the way the road lights up. I am surprised you got it to go that low without popping the adjustment screw out of the socket behind the reflector bowl. I did that on mine and I was not even close to that far down, I could not go any lower than the drivers side you see in the 4th pic and right below that I popped the adjuster screw out. Had to reopen the headlight and fix it, was kind of a pain in the butt.
Thanks for that Camel , but if i can't get the right cut off , then it's not worth the risk .
i do to much night driveing , to take short cuts on lighting ,
not to mention the fact it would not get a road worthy cert like that .
which it requires to pass every 12months .
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #83
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I started with my project..
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #84
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
here it goes ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0797.jpg (141.3 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0803.jpg (148.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #85
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Brian how did u get the projectors in the housing??
Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #86
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Brian how did u get the projectors in the housing??
After you remove the lens, the reflector and bulb clip it just slides right in.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #87
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

it aint sliding on on this one or am i doing something wrong
The reflector as in the crome part atached to the plastic housing?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #88
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_0806.jpg (124.3 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg 102_0805.jpg (129.7 KB, 184 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #89
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

i think i have it now if i do i am gonna feel dumb
Old 10-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #90
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
I realy like to do this, if only the projector is cheap.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote